New margin requirements for Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by athlonmank8, Nov 16, 2009.

1. This didn't help anything. All it did was cause me to risk more of my money in these bucketshops.

I don't want a ton of money with these guys. Now I need to have 8x more at risk with them. That blows. If they go under i'll be losing 8x the money. That's all I got out of this reduced leverage.

You shouldn't be posting here because you don't understand rational thinking.

#31     Jan 7, 2010
  2. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

You really are a moron and shouldn't be posting here as you are trying to rationalize to your little brain why you can't do something and refuse to even go to the NFA site and read the literature (which I am not surprised as you are probably illiterate as well, especially based on the useless contributions here in this threa). It is you who has no idea what you are talking about, but go ahead and lose your 8x monopoly money in your demo account because it is obvious you have no f'n idea what you are doing.

Go back to the basement junior.

#32     Jan 8, 2010
  3. Ok I understand why they did it now. Losers like yourself.

#33     Jan 9, 2010
  4. LeeD

LeeD

No, unless the regulation requires introduction of the maintenance margin at half the initial margin or lower, similar to futures.

#34     Jan 9, 2010
  5. blnbr

blnbr

Those who trade 50:1 or 100:1, how tight (how many pips) you place your stop loss order from your entry point? I am trying to learn something here. Thanks!

#35     Jan 10, 2010
  6. #36     Jan 14, 2010
  7. Daytrading EUR/USD?

Max 10 bit i typically try for less. 10 is too much IMO but if you're paying 1.5-2 pip spread i don't think it's going to help to go any tighter.

Commissions/slippage is key.

Position trading...you can get it down there as well if you really want. 15-20 I would toss out as a rough est tho.

#37     Jan 14, 2010