New Low for Politics: Pick a running mate under investigation?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Aug 31, 2008.

1. "Don't worry, we'll have the Governor's back covered..."

Nothing wrong with disciplining a trooper -- but Governors don't do that, and then don't fire the guy who refuses to do that.

"She is already under investigation by the state's ethics commission for her dismissal of Walter Monegan, Alaska's public safety director, for refusing to sack her brother-in-law Michael Wooten, a state trooper who was allegedly guilty of several infractions and was separating from his wife, Mrs Palin's sister."

You're right in that there has to be a lot more -- right now it's the accusations that the husband sat in on meetings and was cc'd on emails. If she's like the other Republicans, years of emails will go "missing."

Personally I think the investigation will clear her of all wrongdoing, or at least be delayed beyond the election.

#21     Sep 1, 2008
  2. I believe that statement "don't worry, we'll have the Governor's back covered" was said by the government official. I think they were referring to the possibility that the Governor could be supoened to testify in a custody hearing regarding the trooper ex-husband and her sister. LOL. Sounds like a soap opera.

I thought that the main issue of abuse of power revolved around the firing of the head of the Commission, who I think is the guy they are talking about in the phone call.

OldTrader

#22     Sep 1, 2008
  3. Why?
    Because the ONLY thing that you feel that the Republican BASE gives a rat's ass about is being PRO-LIFE?

News flash . . .

Romney is PRO-LIFE.

Who the hell is the Republican BASE these days anyway?

Who is the BASE that you feel would be insulted?

Are they for huge budget deficits and a dollar that has declined by 50% over the last 7 years and a President that doesn't ever use his Veto pen and SPENDS, SPENDS, SPENDS???

You tell me WHO the BASE is of the Republican Party . . . and especially how that relates to Palin, who I believe just announced that her unwed 17 year old daughter is 5 months pregnant!

#23     Sep 1, 2008
  4. Little Known Fact:

Palin was FOR the "Bridge To Nowhere" for nearly a full year before she "killed" it because it became such a laughing-stock of an issue in Congress and made her state look bad.

She was very much supportive of the "bridge" back in October of 2006. She didn't kill off funds for the project until nearly a year later in September of 2007.

"Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer," said Governor Palin. "Despite the work of our congressional delegation, we are about $329 million short of full funding for the bridge project, and it's clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island," Governor Palin added. "Much of the public's attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here. But we need to focus on what we can do, rather than fight over what has happened."

#24     Sep 1, 2008
  5. Hello Landis:

When I used the term "base" I was referring to the conservative portion of the Republican party. I don't see the Republicans winning without them Landis, whether YOU like their politics or not.

That part of the Republican party is really not pro McCain. Romney is more of the same, Liberman as well. That's why McCain had to pick someone more conservative Landis. Did not have to be Palin, it could have been any more conservative Republican. Clearly that end of the party though was thrilled by the selection of Palin.

I'm not sure how Palin's pregnant daughter has anything to do with her. Perhaps you'll explain it all to me. But I think the reason the news was released was because of some of the wilder rumors being circulated by some of the internet morons, to include some here on this site.

All in all Landis, I'd recommend you calm down. If you don't like the Republicans, I'm sure Barrack will welcome you for "Change" in Washington. LOL.

OldTrader

#25     Sep 1, 2008
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Here's the big difference:

What Joe did wasn't a crime, it was politically stupid and he paid for it. It cost him the 1988 Democratic nomination and it kept him out of Presidential campaigns for 20 years.

What McCain did was investigated as a crime. He wasn't exonerated, he was judged to have exercised Poor Judgment. Not exactly like an acquital of all charges, and McCain himself admitted it was "the worst mistake of my life."

LOL

#26     Sep 1, 2008
  7. How is a politician of either party qualified to be president? Mccain wasnt even born in the USA. How many senior citizens do we have in the senate, I mean geez.
    In the ol days the states use to select the senators and send them up,,now we vote on em,,and they stay for life. They system is broken.
    I would rather see common folk up there n washington than any more dern lawyers.
    Both Mccain and Obama are govt employees there whole careers,,how do they qualify to be President of USA?

#27     Sep 1, 2008
  8. That was the Senate Ethics Committee's judgment of McCains actions...."poor judgment". And by the way, McCain agreed with that. When I used the word "exonerated", I was referring to any criminal charges. As far as I know, "poor judgment" is not a crime, nor does the Senate Ethics Committee investigate crimes.

By the way, I assume you're aware that the 4 members of the Keating Five were all democrats.

OldTrader

#28     Sep 1, 2008
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

So McCain and Biden both exercised poor judgment way back when. It's a wash, not a big difference.

By the way, I assume you're aware there are more criminals on the republican side of Congress than there are democrats. Not that that has anything specifically to do with McCain, just a non sequitur to match your non sequitur.

#29     Sep 1, 2008
  10. Total contempt for the Americans who own one house!

He doesn't give a rat's ass about a special prosecutor! Even if she's innocent... any honorable man would have not selected her out of respect for his fellow Americans and to set an example. What a loser McCain turned out to be when he got desperate and had his chance to win the Presidency. Puts himself over the good of this Country....!

The only thng I will concede is this is the way politics has become and maybe always was in this country. I really thought McCain would have been the kind of guy who would rather lose the presidency or at least go down fighting by selecting a reasonable choice for VP (of which he had many) than do what he did here and place his Country in jeopardy should his cancer come out of remission!

IF Palin was not reasonably hot and had an outdoor background then 3/4 of the crap we are hearing in her defense would not even be said. It would be Eagleton all over again!

#30     Sep 1, 2008