New Leverage Requirements 4/30...opinions, thoughts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by equitydaytrader, Apr 23, 2010.

1. i personally blew my top when i got the news. these new rules are going to kill me. i use leverage for every trade. i like to use 1/3 of my trading power for each trade so that i have an opportunity to have 3 positions open at once.
    i havent been that lucky yet, but it's nice to have that option. i'v had 2 positions open but with these new requirements i'm going to either have to scale back my buys or live with only a possibility of having 2 positions open with 100% of my trading power used up.

Your thoughts, opinions, rants, raves, or whatever

2. promagma

promagma

3. Become a futuresdaytrader instead. :cool:

4. futures huh?

i don't know a lot about trading futures. i'm going to have to practice.

is futures trading similar to equity day trading??

5. Yes, yes, yes and better. :cool:

6. better you say? hmmm

ok. i'm hooked.

are you talking about options??

can i trade futures with scottrade??

7. ok so i'm downloading ninja trader. i'm going to practice after 12p. and see how it works.

thanx!!!

8. ive traded es-mini 500 and the gains are ALOT greater than equity.

what are your thoughts on forex and commodities? what is your hierarchy in terms of returns?

9. i trade only in equities. i don't like indexes; and commodities i feel are only for a long term strategy

i have a lot to learn about futures. i understand thev concept, but i'v never traded futures; not sure how "that" market works.

so far i understand that its riskier than equities thus the higher rate of return so idk

10. What if you are trading these at a prop shop like Bright, Echotrade et al? Will people who have say 10:1 leverage be affected by these rules or is it just the same as always?

#10     Apr 23, 2010