New Jim Rogers video

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by DrPepper, Jan 28, 2010.

1. I don't have a problem with his view on commodities as much as I disagree with his thesis "when it's not a bubble then it probably will go up for another 10 years, so just close your eyes and go long". Commodities weren't a bubble according to him and he was caught with his pants down as the commodity indexes dropped 65-70%.

What value does Rogers labeling of markets as "is or is not a bubble" hold? Next to none IMO.

#11     Jan 30, 2010
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Let's say he puts those "diamonds" out on display in his house and everybody thinks it is real, then wasn't it an excellent deal? That is the thing with art/jewelry, it is worth as much as people think it is, most of the time perceptive value beats real value....

#12     Jan 30, 2010
  3. Makloda, say you visited 2020 and you saw gold was worth 3K$ but you had no idea on the nature of the run up.

Boom. You are back in 2010.

How do you play it? Do you put in stops?

#13     Jan 30, 2010
  4. Exactly. Because I have no idea if it visits $50 (just picking some ridiculous number) before it hits $3000. If you buy new relative highs and sell on relative weakness you will (or rather: historically would have!) done OK.

It doesn't mean buying low and selling high can't work, just a matter preference or personal style.

#14     Jan 30, 2010
  5. I would like to see a journalist making his homework and bringing some quality to the table of Rogers.

I don't watch any of these new video's anymore really simply because the quality of the questions is just extremely poor.

He has traveled around the world twice, visited some of the most dangerous places known to man, worked on one of the most succesfull hedgefunds ever and yet all they ask is if he think stocks are buy and if he still likes commodities.

That's just sad.

Here is a 60 minute round the table with Fabers Rogers and some CEO which is clearly far more enjoyable than that brainless financial TV crap imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzAtL-EBuF4&feature=related

#15     Jan 30, 2010