New Jersey Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by muskiecfn, Apr 8, 2004.

1. muskiecfn

muskiecfn

Hey, im a prop trader looking to move to New jersey. Im interested in what options are out there in terms of prop firms with offices in Jersey, maybe hoboken, Jersey City, maybe Fort Lee...maybe somewhere else. I could use a hand deciding my next move, so please holler at me about what spots have the most traders, the best environment, the most compettive commisions, etc. thanks a lot guys

Muskie

2. Epsilon

Epsilon

I PMed you.

3. I am from NJ and will be moving back in the coming months- I know of the major firms and would consider them, but I'll throw out this bait------- I am interested in working at a pro firm, no capital contribution.

PM me or IM me at bcldemon (aol) if you want to talk.

NYCDT

4. Oh- I graduated Cum Laude with degree in Finance, minor in Economics and studied a full year at City University, in Investment and Risk Management- resume is available.

5. Now I guess I'm getting a bit cynical myself now. Gee, are there any firms in NJ, gee, Hoboken, gee.... if I'm not mistaken ... just about everyone has some sort of NJ location, the major firms and about a zillion of the "other persuasion" (we are only in Cherry Hill and, of course, the City)......

Where are all the cynics out there...questioning the motive of a first time poster....?? Geez....

And, if by some chance, the poster is sincere...please do a search for new jersey on this site..... or anywhere else on google, for trading firms. Check them out, and feel free to send PM for the right questions to ask.

1. "You're not a sub-llc are you" (if yes, run like hell)
    2. Can I have your balance sheet. (if no, run like hell)
    3. Who do you clear with?
    4. Is there at least $10million in protection for my money? (sipc is only 100K)..

and on, and on, and on...

Have a great holiday weekend...!!

Don

6. VOLUME

VOLUME

Also ask this question--

1) What software does the firm use (if it's Redi+, run like hell).

7. loool

8. Yeah, right...many of the best firms use Redi...GS/SLK, and of course the firms that are able to use multiple and proper clearing services. We offer Omni Pro as well....the better firm's have access to more than one platform, and aren't stuck in some software chasm.

And, if the best trader I know (my brother) can make millions with Redi...and can use whatever he wants....well, even you get the picture.

Kehoe, lighten up a bit... your Compliance guy is monitoring you, and he called me a couple of days ago....
    Let's keep things professional.... bashing is so juvenile....

Don (feel free to PM or email me at anytime)...

9. Mecro

Mecro

Hahahahaha

Don, Redi+ sucks, just face it. It may not matter for a great position trader but when you are new and you are barely learning how to scalp, it's a huge deal.

10. VOLUME

VOLUME

Bright...I didn't bash anyone. Even you can understand that.

When you make a post and list these categories...
    1. "You're not a sub-llc are you" (if yes, run like hell)
    2. Can I have your balance sheet. (if no, run like hell)
    3. Who do you clear with?
    4. Is there at least $10million in protection for my money? (sipc is only 100K)..

Why don't you just come out and say..."Hey, Bright is the only place to trade."

Anyway, I think the person who started this thread was sincere. There was no reason for you to assume otherwise.

#10     Apr 9, 2004