New Interactive Brokers fee

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by skif, Oct 30, 2009.

1. travis

travis

No, sorry, but I don't know anything about these markets. I trade mostly CME futures (forex, indexes, gold, oil, bonds).

#11     Nov 6, 2009
  2. Do you have to get the OneChicago data to get CME/globex futures? Could IB have made this any more confusing?

#12     Nov 7, 2009
  3. It would be nice if someone could suggest the best configuration of IB for someone who wants to pay the least fees.

For example, lets assume I don't need to trade futures since I have a dedicated futures broker, and that I only want to trade stocks and options. For options, I do want to be able to sell naked options and buy puts and calls. Oh and maybe buy a bond. I expect all option and stock trades to last 3 weeks to multiple months.

Also, I don''t day trade stocks just futures, plus I don't need their research, charts, level II, level III, etc, since I do all my own research.

So given this information, what can I turn off to save money, but still be able to swing trade.

#13     Nov 7, 2009
  4. joe4422

joe4422

Just subscribe to the default free package. You only pay if you don't hit the minimum commission which is about 10 bucks or something.

#14     Nov 8, 2009
  5. I suppose this new subscription is not needed for YM futures data as it comes from ECBOT, but then again IB can be quite unclear in their messages...

Could anyone please verify this?

#15     Nov 8, 2009
  6. But what if I am already subscribed to some other stuff, what can I turn off in the configuration page?

#16     Nov 8, 2009
  7. You guys do realize that OneChicago is for single stock futures and has nothing to do with CME Group contracts, right?

I believe Interactive Brokers, CBOE and CME own OneChicago.

Are there any SSF's worth trading?

#17     Nov 8, 2009
  8. That was my question. You don't need OneChicago for CME/globex futures, right?

#18     Nov 9, 2009
  9. No, no need at all. OneChicago is purely for single stock futures. Like futures on IBM for ex. SSFs are an idea that hasn't quite taken off.

#19     Nov 10, 2009
  10. travis

travis

Thanks, day4night. You saved me 1 dollar per month. Here's the link I used to verify that OneChicago is not necessary for my CME Group futures:
    http://www.onechicago.com/

What about the CBOE part in their email?
    Do I need to subscribe to those or not? I am just trading NYMEX, ECBOT and GLOBEX futures. I think I don't need those either because they talk about "licensed indices". If anyone can please confirm that for us dumb IB users. Thanks.

#20     Nov 10, 2009