New Intel X-25M G2 160GB Solid State Drive - $299

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ideabox, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ideabox

ideabox

Your ignorance precedes you.... again!

All of these items were used - READ THE DESCRIPTION.

THERE HASN'T BEEN A SINGLE X-25M G2 160GB BRAND NEW SOLD ON EITHER EBAY, CRAIGSLIST, OR AMAZON FOR LESS THAN $330 EVER.

I HAVE FOLLOWED THE PRICES CLOSELY.

I HAVE DEBUNKED EVERY POST YOU MADE YET YOU CONTINUE TO POST LINKS TO ITEMS THAT WERE USED AS STATED IN THE DESCRIPTION.

STOP BEING AN IGNORAMUS.

#21     Feb 14, 2012
  2. ideabox

ideabox

EXACTLY.

NOT ONLY MY PRICE IS GOOD BUT IT IS THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST.

#22     Feb 14, 2012
  3. UP YOURS, FUCKHEAD. ON IGNORE!

#23     Feb 14, 2012
  4. Point taken, but someone on this thread stated there is a replacement (newer iteration) at $270.

#24     Feb 14, 2012
  5. ideabox

ideabox

The 320 that someone referred to uses the same controller as G2. Interestingly it is not as reliable and "bulletproof" as the G2.
    If you read the reviews on Newegg and other sites for both of them you'll see.

The G2 that I am selling has 5 stars on Newegg : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...yMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Actually the one I am selling comes in a retail box (which includes a cable and mounting bracket) - the one reviewed above is the OEM version. But as far as the drive itself goes they are identical.

In fact it is the only drive that had 5 stars on Newegg among all the different sizes (80gb, 120GB, 160GB).

In comparison the 320 series (currently selling for 274.99) has only 4 stars as you can see here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...6742&isNodeId=1&Description=intel+320&x=0&y=0

But you will really have to read all the reviews for both to see the difference in reliability.

There is a reason why it was cheaper than the G2 6 months ago, when G2 was still available on newegg.

#25     Feb 14, 2012
  6. Is the $270 version a replacement of the one you own? If so, you're not going to get a premium, regardless of newegg ratings.

Stuff that is obsolete (replaced by a new SKU) often sells at inflated prices. I am not stating your drive is weak, but you're unlikely to sell your drive at a price higher than the replacement.

Put in on ebay and post the URL here. I guess that will settle the debate.

#26     Feb 14, 2012
  7. mokwit

mokwit

SATA 2?

#27     Feb 14, 2012
  8. the longer you hold on to the G2 for the price you're asking for it the more likely its going to become a permanent paperweight on your desk.

#28     Feb 14, 2012
  9. ideabox

ideabox

I have just lowered the price again to $299. That is it. I am not lowering it any more.

As for selling one at a premium to the earlier version - you are wrong about that.

About a month ago one was sold on Craigslist for $350.

The cheapest one on amazon right now is $359.99 http://www.amazon.com/Intel-2-5-Inc...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1329280008&sr=1-1

Those who did their research and want the utmost in stability will choose this drive over the newer 320 series, especially when it is only $15 more.

#29     Feb 14, 2012
  10. a crucial m4 128gb is only 200 bucks. they have micron components, just as reliable as intel.

#30     Feb 14, 2012