New Intel X-25M G2 160GB Solid State Drive - $299

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ideabox, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ideabox

ideabox

Your reply clearly shows that you would not even attempt to differentiate new vs. lightly used as you honestly believe it is one and the same when it comes to ssd's.

A very good friend of mine has bought a number of items on Ebay from people who advertised them as Brand New and all of them turned out to be either like new slightly (in most cases very slightly) used.

He bought an Office 10 Pro after asking a person about it's authenticity and even though a person replied that it was authentic, it was NOT. My friend was amazed at how authentic it looked though. He was very surprised. Holding the CD next to the official Microsoft version neither him nor anyone in his office could tell the difference. Unfortunately I cannot tell exactly how he was able to tell the difference here.

When he contacted the seller asking for a refund the seller he was told to keep it and refunded the money.

Be very careful with Ebay. IF something is way cheaper than it should be - it is probably NOT what you think it is.

My price is the lowest at $330. It was last sold on Newegg at $399 6 months ago.

By the way, I just checked Ebay and there is not a single one of these drives at below $339.

And the fact that you posted that there is one at $199 clearly shows that you DO NOT know what your are talking about.

#11     Feb 13, 2012
  2. Best be checking your facts before you call me out, Sonny....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-X25-M...656?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c7ad6c8

We get it. You want to sell your drive for the best price... but you're not the only player in the marketplace. (I've got a gaming computer for sale on CL... original cost of parts about $2400... can't get even $1,000 for it. And CL prices are generally less than you can get on eBay.)

#12     Feb 13, 2012
  3. New, but used 6 months in his MBP? lol

The OP's price is good considering they're not available in the channel anywhere near his price. If it's truly NIB then it's a good deal. I would personally look to the used one on ebay, but new is not "used for six months".

Here's the Lenovo OEM prices (much lower than the Intel-branded street-price): http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=_1I5T6jrDOmasgKd0emPAg&ved=0CL8BEPMCMAc

#13     Feb 13, 2012
  4. ideabox

ideabox

Just like I thought - that is an open box item - and is thus not Brand New.

Read the description - it says the box is missing. Which in almost all cases turns out to be at least put in the system once.

Next time you want to show that there is a lower price than someone elses make sure you are comparing APPLES to APPLES.

My original post specifically states that it is a BRAND NEW - NEVER USED ITEM.

My price of $330 is the CHEAPEST.

Next time - please pay attention to details.

#14     Feb 13, 2012
  5. ideabox

ideabox

Not only is it an open box item and NOT New as the item condition states (It actually states New otther), but it has actually been used for 6 months as you can read in the description:

This SSD hard drive is in like new condition and comes with all documentation, boxes, mounting brackets, and packing materials. The hard drive for sale is the one in the picture. I used it for about 6 months in my MacBook Pro before I switched over to a Mac specific SSD hard drive. The drive is in perfect condition. Please let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-X25-M...656?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c7ad6c8

Now that I have shown that there is no one selling this item for a lower price than I am and that all your posts were misleading (as you were quoting prices for Used items) I would appreciate an apology.

#15     Feb 13, 2012
  6. i dont get it, why would anyone buy this for $330 instead of the newer 320 model on newegg at $275 for 160gb or 2x 120gb raid0 at $360?

#16     Feb 13, 2012
  7. The wouldn't. OP is hoping some non-knowledgeable person will overpay.

#17     Feb 13, 2012
  8. mokwit

mokwit

Apparently he 320 desperately needed data protection enhancements [and a warranty to persuade people to buy it].

#18     Feb 13, 2012
  9. No apology. In fact, I expect one from you.

If you do an advanced search you'll see a couple of new ones which went for $160-ish. In fact, one went just last weekend for $150.50, shipping included.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-X25-M...027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc1d357d3

#19     Feb 13, 2012
  10. #20     Feb 13, 2012