New ICE grains in may

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Apr 13, 2012.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

2. heech

heech

If the ICE makes one simple decision, they'll get at least part of my business: open up trading between 8:15 AM - 10:30 AM EST, avoiding the ridiculous gap in time the CME continues to perpetuate.

How many market-moving reports are published in that time frame, USDA and beyond? And we can't trade it??

3. heech

heech

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

5. heech

heech

Two thumbs up:

http://cmegroup.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3267

Of course, it means all of my back-testing (as related to open/close) is meaningless again...

Beginning, May 13 for trade date May 14, customers will have expanded access to CBOT corn, soybeans, wheat, soybean meal and soybean oil futures and options on CME Globex as follows:

Sunday to Monday, 5:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT
    Monday to Friday, 6:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT.

Open-outcry trading hours will continue to operate from 9:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. CT Monday to Friday.

6. Thanks for the update Heech.

I actually liked it the way it has been, but hey, probably trading the reports will work too.

Do any of you happen to have a good grain calendar report website?

7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

8. emg

emg

useless. will be similiar to ICE WTI vs nymex CL

9. heech

heech

Well, it *will* now. But it already served the broader trading community's needs by forcing the CME to adjust its trading hours... about friggin' time.

It's not necessarily about trading the report... (I can't imagine what the spreads will be at 8:30 AM EST on a big grain report). It's about enabling price discovery in the most efficient way possible... and holding the market limit up/down after a big report before any contracts can even trade is *not* efficient.

#10     May 2, 2012