New IB version busted

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by stock777, Jun 20, 2005.

1. in one of the latest versions I noticed my prior pages ( from earlier version ) did not save

anyone else ever have this problem?

#11     Jul 12, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

I am using 847.8 in conjunction with Ensign. I was loving everything but the autologon has not been working well in Ensign since I started using 847.8. I was thinking about upgrading to this latest version. Now I am going to wait. Let the guinea pigs figure everything out.

#12     Jul 12, 2005
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I had that happen on the version before this latest one. But it happened on one computer and not the other. Also it was only the symbols that were lost not any other settings.

#13     Jul 12, 2005
  4. TGregg

TGregg

So I take it that most folks have found 843.7 to be stable? I might upgrade this weekend.

#14     Jul 12, 2005
  5. Aaron

Aaron

No problem, Sammybea. While Ffasttrade has better commission rates and better customer service than Interactive Brokers (or at least they did when we used them), Schindler Trading moved to Interactive Brokers for IB's superior API. Being able to automate our trading is worth the slightly higher commissions and impersonal customer service.

No, I was not compensated for the Ffasttrade testimonial.

I recommend IB for some automated traders and Ffasttrade for some manual futures traders. While I haven't used them, Redsky or Tradestation might also be the best broker for some people. Different brokers offer different exchanges, software, API's, commission schedules etc. and have different strengths and weaknesses. Depending on a trader's needs and preferences, the "best" broker will vary.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#15     Jul 12, 2005