New IB user Ready to Quit

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by white17, Aug 3, 2002.

1. version, Another fruitless morning trying to get traderguard to work with IB demo. It shouldn't be this hard. I don't work for anybody but myself. Don't get me started. I like cheap commissions just like everybody else. I can save on com with IB and get all the headaches, or pay almost twice as much and trade anytime day or night without a care in the world. There really is something to be said for quality of life.

#21     Aug 4, 2002
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm.....
    Guess we've got different "tastes".:p

BSAM

#22     Aug 4, 2002
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

profitseer,

Curious as to what platform charges "almost twice as much" (which would make it less than 4.80 per side) and is very stable, reliable.

#23     Aug 4, 2002
  4. Mag, I'm not here to tout a broker. It's 4.50 per side and they advertise all over the place. Click on Brokers and look down the left side and you won't see them there. I think what makes the platform so stable is it's real time, but not streaming. I have an account at IB, but I've never funded it. I'm toooo skeeered to!

#24     Aug 4, 2002
  5. I used to be skeeeerd too. Then I turned age 11, snaggle toothed and brandishing a slingshot made from some strips from a tire tube and part of a shoe tounge for the sling.:D Aint backed away from a whole lot since.

#25     Aug 4, 2002
  6. When I turn 11, I'll ask my Dad. If he says it's ok, maybe I'll switch.

#26     Aug 4, 2002
  7. stevet

stevet

profitseer

so let me get this clear - you are happily paying 9.60 a round turn because you "think" IB will be more unreliable and neither have you tried a company like Advanced Futures who advertise on here at 4.90 a round turn and even offer a high volume trader good rates with a choice of trading platforms including TT

is that really what you are saying?

#27     Aug 4, 2002
  8. hmmm slingshot.. ive never tried using one of those on the IB reps.. but, one time i got this nasty email from their customer service telling me not to curse in my emails to them.. and the odd thing is, i dont curse.. certainly not to them.. i sent a reply asking why they sent the email with a copy of my original email asking them to point out the curse words.. i got a canned response back again saying that curse words are not tolerated in emails.. so, i called management and got the typical IB two-step runaround.. but, im not complaining.. i promised if they ever put those HUGE icons from the toolbar on a diet that i would never complain about anything ever again.. so, i suppose i should keep my end of the bargain.. =)..

-qwik

#28     Aug 4, 2002
  9. steve, I've traded on j trader. very similar to tws. I've spent countless hours on the tws demo. I read the posts. BUT, I will say that jw got me fooling around with the hot keys, and he is certainly correct that they are a big advantage over the mouse. So, who knows, maybe tomorrow will be the day I switch. Not trying to start any kind of fight. Just my observation that we all try to own the best of everything regardless of price, yet so many put up with missed orders and system failures apparently for no other reason than price. I'm not sure I can afford IB's cheap commissions.

#29     Aug 4, 2002
  10. profitseer, I think you are correct in not making the switch and advise you not consider it.

You see, if everyone moves over to IB , then the other guys go out of business, and IB has no incentive to offer low prices and enhanced service.

Thanks again for your contribution to the community!

#30     Aug 4, 2002