New IB user Ready to Quit

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by white17, Aug 3, 2002.

1. white17

white17

BABAK; did as you suggest and explained problem. Will await feedback. Thanks much

#11     Aug 3, 2002
  2. White -

IB-Steve on the messageboard is very helpful and ususally responds within a day or so of the post.

#12     Aug 3, 2002
  3. white17

white17

TA; thank you I hope he does. Just recently posted there.

#13     Aug 3, 2002
  4. Wired funds is the fastest way to get up and running. Same day or at least next day - trading can be done.

Be sure to fill out deposit notification form. (you probably allready did this - first day:) ) Also be sure to download and run the java script - Java Plug-in 1.4.0 or 1.3.1.02 for the stand alone version of 'tws'. I prefer the stand alone version.

Hang in there trader because all in all, the savings on commissions is worth it, if you trade often. I am seeing a nice savings = help to my bottom line, compared to my last broker. I had no complaints with my last broker other than costs.

One other thing, if you are funded less than 25k, then one way to get rid of that "3" is to switch to eminies futures. I'm not saying that you should do that. It's just a way to daytrade with smaller accounts. If you want to daytrade then it's an option.

#14     Aug 3, 2002
  5. barata

barata

I was just reading this thread and had a question about the "daytrading" rules. Is it considered a "daytrade" if you take a position in a stock, and then get stopped out before the end of the day, even if your intent was to hold it for days or weeks? And if you take profits earlier than you intended,ie the same day, because of some negative market event?

Is there a web site that has a very specific description of this rule?

John

#15     Aug 3, 2002
  6. open a position and close it the same day. thats a daytrade. period.

#16     Aug 3, 2002
  7. single stock futures will be here next month.. maybe thats an option for you.. i dont know how liquid they will be.. but, the daytrading rules wont apply..

-adam

#17     Aug 3, 2002
  8. IB is like eating at a restaurant where the food is absolutely horrible but you keep going back for one more disgusting meal simply because it's cheap.

#18     Aug 3, 2002
  9. white17

white17

Profitseer: As disgusted as I am, you made me laugh. Thanks !

#19     Aug 3, 2002
  10. How about some specifics about your "unimpressedness" with
    IB? Maybe you work for someone else...

#20     Aug 4, 2002