New IB user Ready to Quit

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by white17, Aug 3, 2002.

1. white17

white17

As some of you may recall I was never able to access the browser version of the IB demo. I did download the program and managed to get into the demo that way. I subsequently opened an account and while waiting for my funds to clear I set up my trading pages.

Yesterday while viewing the "accout" page I see there is a "3" after daytrades. Can someone tell me what that means ?

Today I can access the demo, but can't open the program using my username and password.

So far I'm not impressed with IB.

Still waiting for something, anything to work as advertised.

2. IB servers are usually down during weekends for maintenance. It should be back up Sunday PM.
    As for the "3" that appears on your account screen, I really don't know what that means. I would like to say though that I find IB to be the best DA broker I have ever used when it comes to system reliability, commissions, and account reports. This after having used Datek, Cyber, Tradescape, & MB Trading, so don't give up on it yet. :)

3. white17

white17

Trader88; I knew they were usually down on weekends but I couldn't get in yesterday either. I'll give it a fair trial because I've read lots of good stuff over the years. It's just discouraging to have problems at every point of trying to get this account going. It's been at least three weeks since I began the process the first time. not feeling real confident here. Thank you for the response.

4. stevet

stevet

white17

i suspect that u have an account size of less than $25,000 - so that means that u r limited to 3 day trades

5. to answer ... it means that you only have 3 day trades a week
    as per the SEC PDT rules ...

you need to fund your account with more than
    25 K to overcome this.

good luck and hope you find yourself able to use IB
    in all its glory sometime ... there is alot about it
    that makes it great ... its not for everyone

6. white17

white17

Stevet; I don't know what to think. As of right now I have an account value of zero. Funds were sent via overnight mail but nothing shows on the postal tracking number. At this point I can't get into the account at all. Maybe monday. Thanks

7. white17

white17

Thanks guys; I'll try a little more patience.

8. If you sent a check they'll hold it for 2 weeks - the longest of any broker. IB takes a bit of getting used to but they are a super outfit. I've been with them for almost a year now.

9. Babak

Babak

white, go to IB's messageboard. On their homepage its left hand corner under 'community'. They are very helpful there.

10. white17

white17

I expected that as per their website but I'd at least like to be able to access my pages. Thank you.

#10     Aug 3, 2002