New IB tools for faster trades (reviews)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GeorgeSoros, Jul 29, 2002.

1. All these systems are great but, not one seems to have the ability to let you scale out of positions.

Is this an option that someone is working on (free or fee) based.

Thanks,

life is like a baby gorilla, it doesn't know it's own strength

#11     Jul 29, 2002
  2. yes, no program with scaling in and out!
    would be nice!

hit_n_run:

#12     Jul 30, 2002
  3. pretzel

pretzel

Hi, hit_n_run,

Check out the new version with trailing stops. I'm still working on the scale-out exit - might be ready in the next release. Quite frustrating to see your trade exited at target and leaving a lot on the table.

pretzel

#13     Jul 30, 2002
  4. Pretzel, I gave you my definition of a good scaling out feature on IB forum, have a look at it before releasing your new version.

Also some idea to fix the Euro problem, and a feature request for aftermarket simulated stop, EUREX support (I can betatest it for you)

#14     Jul 30, 2002
  5. ctrader

ctrader

I am in the process of defining how scaling in/out would work for TradeExecutor.

The key for me is to make it both simple to use, but flexible so that traders can do anything they want with the interface. Also I would like to add trailing stops in the mix as well.

So how would you guys like to see TradeExecutor handle the scaling out of a position?

#15     Jul 30, 2002
  6. Just to recenter the focus of this thread : I wanted to use this thread to describe the differences, plus and minus of all the applications described in my first message.

As those applications are evolving a lot and very quickly I postponed my analysis and will publish it a bit later (next week?). I have played with most of them since the beginning of the week.

I also want to use this thread to define the perfect order entry, using the good ideas that can be found a bit everywhere.

Unfortunately those tools only focus on Futures. I do hope sometimes after the first versions are stable enough, we will find Stock versions, and support for other futures than ES & NQ...

And why not find some Stock spread order entry and so on...

#16     Jul 30, 2002
  7. Read my thread on IB about it.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/discus/messages/2/1686.html?1028042478

#17     Jul 30, 2002
  8. InSTEALTH

InSTEALTH

Are there any third party execution platforms currently being supported by Interactive Brokers?

For instance, Real Tick with order entry.

Please advise. Thanks.

#18     Jul 30, 2002
  9. Stock Watch Pro from Crontech is integrated with IB. My understanding is Esignal may be coming.

#19     Jul 30, 2002
  10. eSignal 7.1 will support it somewhere in August...

I hope Wealth Lab will also support it soon...

#20     Jul 30, 2002