New IB policy for pro accts...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ktm, Apr 3, 2002.

1. ktm

ktm

Wilzo,

You serious? That is an awesome development. Please keep me posted on the progress. I wonder if IB will make any sort of announcement. No announcement was made when the policy was implemented, so maybe it will leave just as quietly?

#51     May 3, 2002
    #52     May 3, 2002
  3. alanm

alanm

Good job! Thanks IB :)

#53     May 3, 2002
  4. Wilzo

Wilzo

ktm

Yep. I'm serious. Of course, I am only passing along what was told to me. I don't know whether or not IB will make an announcement when the new pro policy is implemented, but I plan to keep on top of it. I just received their email about the CBOT data fees, so I hope they will email another notice when the new pro policy is implemented. I'll post again when I know more.

#54     May 4, 2002
  5. def

def Sponsor

I'll do the same if no announcement. My guess is that an e-mail will be sent to pro accounts only.

#55     May 4, 2002
  6. stevet

stevet

def

do u know if it is all market data which is now free from the CBOT, or just emins? and or does it cover any options contracts?

in IB's data supply page - it is still showing charges for data

#56     May 4, 2002
  7. def

def Sponsor

all CBOT data is free until further notice (when the exchange terminates their deal with IB).

#57     May 4, 2002
  8. Wilzo

Wilzo

I just heard from my contact at IB. The requirement to subscribe to professional market data will be eliminated when the upcoming Universal Account (one account for all trading instruments: stocks, options, futures) is made available. This is scheduled to be around mid-June.

#58     May 24, 2002
  9. ktm

ktm

I have heard this as well...an excellent development to be sure. Glad to see IB came thru again.

#59     May 24, 2002
  10. Babak

Babak

Any news re pro fees? Is this being pushed back along with the universal account? Thanks.

#60     Jun 17, 2002