New IB Home Page - Nicely Done

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Tech Analysis, Apr 29, 2003.

1. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of IB's revenue's come from the US.

#31     Apr 29, 2003
  2. This is called market depth. It is made to confuse newbie traders. :D

#32     Apr 30, 2003
  3. Carl K

Carl K

The new home page takes to long to load at 40k baud.
    So if the main features load first, it would be quicker for a user to move to wherever, without having to wait for the whole page to load. But, it is nice to see development continue.

#33     Apr 30, 2003
  4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

One of the challenges organizations face in manging their systems is the temptation to redesign and/or overdesign the user interface or other component layers of an application. A good piece of advice is that if you have a working system you had better collect a lot of user and engineering feedback before you decide to change things. Inadequate project budgets and thus timelines lead to design and quality compromises that usually end up being much more expensive to correct at a later date .......

#34     Apr 30, 2003
  5. Had a look at it this am, I agree with Caltrader, don't like the pictures of traders a la TA of stocks and Commodities. Color is OK but not with white background (yuk) I like the new banner on top, that looks cool.

#35     Apr 30, 2003
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

Yes, white background is not a good idea.

#36     Apr 30, 2003
  7. You can skip the frames with a right click on the link >>Open in New Window. And then bookmark the page.

:cool: IK

#37     Apr 30, 2003
  8. Babak

Babak

I can no longer link to their shortable webpage but instead have to go through the clicks to get to that page. I've bookmarked the appropriate page but it always takes me to the home page. :mad:

#38     May 4, 2003
  9. yes using frames makes the navigation harder than necessary on the IB website

#39     May 4, 2003
  10. They switched from "winter" colors to "summer" colors. Most of the complaints about switching colors would probably have been the same if it had been the other way around. When you get used to the new color scheme, you'll complain again when they switch back to blues or greens.

I think they've generally made the site easier to use: before, you had to click on the left column buttons to get the pulldown menus, and now you just move your arrow over the top banner and get your menus from each category. It's smoother to use.

I still think the gold bikini photos would complete the improvements (and continue the "summer" theme).

#40     May 4, 2003