New IB Features

Discussion in 'Events' started by def, Jul 26, 2005.

1. mokwit

mokwit

If you mean you lost the page you made you can restore it from File -> restore settings and then select e.g yesterday settings file if TWS has obliterated the current page which it sometimes does.

#51     Jul 28, 2005
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Thank you. Perhaps this can serve as a reminder that it is not always the customers PC/ISP etc. I would be more appreciative of your efforts and your post here but this is a problem that was brought to IB's attention on these boards and I believe directly by others weeks if not months ago. I personally gave up long ago sending emails about this sort of stuff which just shows that because nobody is complaining it does not mean there are no problems.

#52     Jul 28, 2005
  3. def

def Sponsor

FWIW, this was brought up earlier this week on our end via different channels. It hasn't gone on for months as it was associated with the reduction in the daily reset time from 1 hour to < 5 minutes. Just because we don't necessarily post a response to every comment doesn't mean we aren't listening. While the help desk and use of the tool boxes available under acct mgmt are probably the best routes to send in your comments. Myself and others have been very amenable to PM's and queries on this forum. In any event, priorities need to be assigned to each request and what you may think is a lack of concern doesn't reflect the amount of work and thought going on behind the scenes.

#53     Jul 28, 2005
  4. def,

I wonder what happened about the discussion on backfill with transaction data. Currently its got volume information but no transaction information so tick charts can't be reconstructed from backfill data. Any news?

#54     Jul 28, 2005
  5. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

There are no current plans to provide backfills of transactional data through the API.

#55     Jul 28, 2005
  6. IBsoft

I am still expecting to receive the audit-trail of a slow transaction.

#56     Jul 28, 2005
  7. mokwit

mokwit

I sent the Audit trails and explained why I was not going to spend time going through them. It seems from your reply that you are not prepared to spend time going through them either when I would have thought that would be in part what you are paid for. This issue also has been discussed by myself and others on this board and I if I remember corectly I believe you participated in that particular thread where numerous examples (but admittedly no audit trails) were posted. This was some weeks ago.

I made no trades today due to TWS cutting out repeatedly. On this particular occasion I suspect the problem was with my ISP and was probably beyond what any platform could reasonably be expected to tolerate but one thing I have noticed is that my connectivity problems start after the first disconnect that causes loss of Market depth ( a server reset issue apparently) and is error free up until that point. I am aware o the high load times for the internet in Thailand and this was not one of them. I would be interested if others whio have problems have noticed a similar pattern. I am really just interested in tying down where the problem is and then taking it up with the appropriate supplier.

#57     Jul 28, 2005
  8. IBsoft

I do not work for the CS, hence I do not get paid for or can afford combing through lengthy audit-trails. All I asked for was a time-stamp of what you perceive to be a slow transaction.

When your connectivity problems are solved and you find such a case, please do send it.

Thank you.

#58     Jul 28, 2005
  9. mokwit

mokwit

As discussed if there is an easy way to retrieve this historical info (ie time of trade of trade three days ago) from TWS or logs I will forward it but there is no way I can remember the time of a single trade I made 3 or 4 days ago if i did not specifically make a note of the time or save the audit trail which was what I used to do when I was less discouraged.

#59     Jul 28, 2005
  10. IBsoft

When your connectivity problems are solved, you trade again and you find a NEW case, please do send it. Thanks.

#60     Jul 28, 2005