New IB Features

Discussion in 'Events' started by def, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Wow, the VaR actually works!

#31     Jul 27, 2005
  2. gemini19

gemini19

I am pretty new to IB, and I am pleased so far. My only complaint is freezing,

Maybe I have too many windows open, I normally have at least 4 booktrader windows open, and when I try to type in a symbol, it sometimes takes 10 sec just for the stock/bond/option/etc mini-window to open, then I have to wait for the order routing screen to pop up, then wait for the data to stream in. Sometimes taking 10-20 seconds just to receive data on a booktrader window on a certain stock,

Then again sometimes it only takes a few seconds.

Is there something I can do as a user to speed up the quoting process, maybe enter the symbol in the streaming quotes window, then hitting the booktrader icon on the menu bar. It can be frustrating for a momentum equity trader to have to wait 10-20 sec. just to receive this data in a booktrader window.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

#32     Jul 27, 2005
  3. just21

just21

Delete the log files in ibjts and jts subdirectories, the files can be gigabytes in size and are recreated but start again from zero size. Speeded up my tws and saved me 27gb of hard disc space.

#33     Jul 27, 2005
  4. IB, could you please clarify (either here or point me to some URL) something about submitting and cancelling GLOBEX orders afterhours (pre-market whatever)

I had a active, running (green color) pair of OCO orders (bracket orders STOP for stoploss /LIMIT for profit target) in EuroFX/GLOBEX and had to cancel them after CME IMM close (between 17:00-18:00 EST when Globex is down for maintainance)

At that point, both orders turned to pink, but they didn't go to red and fade away. Until Globex came fully back up after 18:00 EST

I wanted to replace them with another order, but was afraid that it might get triggered twice.

Why is that? Can't IB/GLOBEX complete the CANCEL during the maintainance period ?

Thanks in advance.

#34     Jul 27, 2005
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I'm still confused. What version are you talking about? Web based or stand alone???!!!

:confused:

#35     Jul 27, 2005
  6. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

New beta web-based.

#36     Jul 27, 2005
  7. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Will you update the stand alone version too?

#37     Jul 27, 2005
  8. Babak

Babak

IB has done an amazing job of pumping out improvements and new features over the years. Having said that, I would also like to add my voice to those who request that new features be balanced with stability and reliability. Having one without the other is self-defeating.

#38     Jul 27, 2005
  9. IBsoft

Certainly, but we need to leave the beta out for a while, then when we know it is stable we will do the web-based production and then we will do the standalone.

(That is the procedure we normally follow).

#39     Jul 27, 2005
  10. IBsoft

I followed up. This is where we are:

1) Instead of getting an instant green, I now get blue to varying degrees especialy pre-post market.

We have rolled out the fix to improve the pre-market cases.

We are still tracking down a couple of examples you sent us.

2) Duplicating a Smart order that was sent to NYSE results in a copy that is not Smart, but NYSE only.

Fixed in the current Beta.

3) Routing away to ISLD from NYSE after 4.5 minutes.

As you suggested, instead of ISLD, we now route to ARCA.

4) Last sales out of order when switching pages.

This is a big project that requires us to carry a time-stamp w/ every piece of last sale we distribute. Being implemented as we speak.

These are all the issues we got from you (I think). In case you think there is more, please PM me specifics.

#40     Jul 27, 2005