New IB Features

Discussion in 'Events' started by def, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Thanks for the heads up def. Very glad you guys integrated the VaR portion. Can't wait to see it in action.

#21     Jul 27, 2005
  2. Like so many companies these days, you guys just don't listen. Instead of addressing the complaints and concerns of your customers, you reply with something along the lines of "well, everybody but you is happy", or "it's in the manual", or "it's intuitive".

Well, it may be intuitive to those who've worked at IB for a while or to those who wrote the manual, but, to many users, it ain't intuitive. It's a pain in the neck.

Your customers are telling you to fix the problems that exist before rolling out a lot of new stuff, much of which will in its turn require fixing as well (does the name "Microsoft" ring a bell?). But instead of attending to them, you imply that the problems are the fault and/or problem of the customer.

Try listening.

#22     Jul 27, 2005
  3. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

We are listening. That is why we (there is a few of us from IB here almost 24/7) keep asking for specifics, examples, etc (both trough public posts and PMs)... so that we can verify the claim, reproduce it and have it fixed. General statements are unfortunately not enough to get the problems addressed.

Some posters have been very helpful, which led to various system improvements, others were less so.

#23     Jul 27, 2005
  4. I'm sure you think so. But you pay more attention to those comments that are complimentary than those that are not.

At some point, dissatisfied customers simply stop trying. But that doesn't mean that they're suddenly satisfied.

#24     Jul 27, 2005
  5. In the grander scheme of "new features versus stability" I think IB is doing very well.

Over the last 3 years, I've had very few problems caused by serious TWS bugs, but I have seen a lot of small "annoying" glitches that easily could have been caught during the QA cycle. I do suspect that IB releases more rapidly than their test cycle can support.

In the end, you cannot lead without stumbling from time to time.

#25     Jul 27, 2005
  6. j1900q

j1900q

IB does a great job for me.

#26     Jul 27, 2005
  7. mokwit

mokwit

I agree 110% with what Lamont C is saying.

I have given up reporting things to IB as what should require one email requres 5 and as others have pointed out little is done. The issues I mentioned have been reported directly by me or others and/or mentioned on threads in which IB people participated.

#27     Jul 27, 2005
  8. ib is very reliable for me. i cant remember the last time ib didnt work for over a few seconds.
    the only thing i would like to see is a hot key function for open only orders.

#28     Jul 27, 2005
  9. TGM

TGM

FWIW,

IB is a reliable company. I have only had a couple minor problems and that has been of late. I have not lost any money because of them tho---which is of course the only thing that matters. I plan on being an IB customer for a long time.

IB,

are you guys going to off LME?? It is electronic.

#29     Jul 27, 2005
  10. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

IB's innovation is enough to keep any programmer up 24/7.

Another change (not a bug), that I've been requesting has just been implimented. Smart listed orders don't roll over to ISLD after 4+ min anymore, they go ARCA (so we can at least be nationally posted).

We're moving in the right direction, IB, thanks for really chasing issues/concerns down as of late.

#30     Jul 27, 2005