New IB Features

Discussion in 'Events' started by def, Jul 26, 2005.

1. means you don't have a stable connection.

Frankly I can't figure who is more naive, retail traders who put up with this crap or IB for acting like everybody is too stupid to figure it out.

This talk about features makes me laugh. What about putting a more reliable connection in place?

I think the "flying bullshit" is why there is no real loyalty in the business. If brokers would just get the basics right, people who have to trade on a daily basis would stay with them instead of going "commission shopping".

#11     Jul 27, 2005
  2. def

def Sponsor

steve, there is a manual after all. most of the info is intuitive but if not, it should be available in the manual. The features in the new release were asked for by clients - particularly the multiple 1 click entry and email alerts. The VAR is a step in the right direction towards making our interactive analytics and thus options setup superior to what's available elsewhere. I think more than most firms we get the basics right - and when we don't endeavor to fix it.

#12     Jul 27, 2005
  3. just21

just21

Any news on when IPE options will be available?

#13     Jul 27, 2005
  4. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

The alerts we are offering are managed on the back-end. They will stay up when the TWS is shut down.

In the first version we are offering price and time triggers. In the later releases we will add credit events and executions as triggers.

#14     Jul 27, 2005
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Are you talking about 849 version of the browser based TWS or stand alone version. I seem to have trouble finding where I could download the new (beta) stand alone version :confused:

#15     Jul 27, 2005
  6. just21

just21

From ibmgmt:-

We are currently testing IPE options. Once our testing is complete we will be able to release for customer trading. As I can not give a definite time I would expect this to be released in the next month.

#16     Jul 27, 2005
  7. Hi All,

Many years ago, IB set out with the API as a salient component of its package. What was and is remarkable is that IB supports a wide variety of platforms and interfaces.

From the beginning, the connect situation to the API has been left in a sorrowful state, perhaps on purpose? This is obvious from the hundreds of postings all over the place on 'windows-recognizing-sendkey-fudging' kludges in order to get the dog to do some tricks. Solutions that finally worked are not always good good for the next release. It is a real shame to see TWS now like an overloaded X-mas tree without having done anything to facilitate automated API access. This problem is related to the infamous ' freeze' phenomenon that appeared the last 3 months in the sense that a decent automated logon would facilitate automated users to recover and get going again without too much fuss.

In passing, IMHO a basic design flaw is to have built upon that resource-hog, java, a problem that is certainly going to haunt IB in not too long a future. Maybe IB should do something to attract automated traders towards a FIX solution bypassing the TWS java X-mas tree altogether. What about quotes in this situation?

#17     Jul 27, 2005
  8. IBsoft

We have great many very happy API customers. We have implemented FIX connections for retail customers and now also offer market data outside of TWS.

Would you mind elaborating a little bit on the basic design flaw you are mentioning?
    Also, what is the "infamous freeze phenomenon"?

Thank you.

#18     Jul 27, 2005
  9. You must be joking! :D
    Read the past postings.
    :D :D :D

#19     Jul 27, 2005
  10. IBsoft

Thank you, really helpful.

#20     Jul 27, 2005