New IB Commissions for High Volume Stock Traders

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Sent you a PM.

#51     Jan 2, 2006
  2. so steven or def. if i am long ge(nyse stock) and put stop lose on the smart order route and its hit 2 hr's later i pay no .001 extra fee as your software canceled/ replaced the order every 4 1/2 minutes correct?

#52     Jan 2, 2006
  3. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Steve,

Does IB have any plans to improve commissions reporting?

Currently, TWS doesn't have a feature that will break down commissions paid by stock, and with the new unbundled stock commissions, it will be almost impossible to calculate it manually.

#53     Jan 2, 2006
  4. nobody i've seen breaks out ecn charges or rebates. one has to trust the broker as it just shows your net commissions

#54     Jan 2, 2006
  5. def

def Sponsor

As stops for listed stocks via SMART are simulated this isn't an issue.

#55     Jan 2, 2006
  6. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

You don't pay the fee.

I don't know of any plans to offer this on the TWS. You'll be able to see the commission on your statement.

#56     Jan 2, 2006
  7. alanm

alanm

Currently, using Hammer, I can calculate/verify my commissions by the counterparty in the execution reports. Instead of just saying "ARCA", it will say "ARCP" if I provided liquidity, "ARCR" if I took liquidity, "ARCX" if it was routed away. My trade accounting spreadsheet has all the rates in it and easily matches the commissions.

Perhaps IB can do something similar.

joeyata1: Note that the charge is $0.01, not $0.001. Also note that the NYSE levies this charge, and other firms can/do charge it as well.

#57     Jan 3, 2006
  8. KK70

KK70

#58     Jan 3, 2006
  9. Wow...thats comforting.

#59     Jan 3, 2006
  10. RML Trading via Penson financial breaks down your commissions down to ECN charges and rebates. In one column they show you the fixed charge you paid per order (eg X dollars per trade) and they show you in another column the ECN rebate or charge incurred for that trade. What about Genesis do they do the same?

#60     Jan 3, 2006