New IB Commissions for High Volume Stock Traders

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Dec 31, 2005.

1. timmyz

timmyz

why wouldn't everyone switch to this new unbundled pricing? does this pricing structure benefit traders who trade <300k shares per month? the table says the commission for <300K volume is $0.0035 per share which is still cheaper than $0.005 per share under bundled pricing.

thanks.

#21     Dec 31, 2005
  2. ktm

ktm

He just made that up. IB does not trade against retail order flow.

#22     Dec 31, 2005
  3. i knew that. happy ib user for over 6 years now.

#23     Dec 31, 2005
  4. Add in sec fee and removing liquidity charge

#24     Dec 31, 2005
  5. zdreg

zdreg

IB doesn't trade again customer order flow.
    this is a serious misleading statement.
    do you have a grudge or disagreement with IB?

#25     Dec 31, 2005
  6. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Wow, I certainly didn't expect this, especially since IB had just lowered its all-in rate to $0.005. Looks like its time to double my account size.

Great start for 2006.

#26     Dec 31, 2005
  7. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Hopefully, IB will add some new features to help list your total daily commissions. Otherwise, it will be almost impossible to calculate manually.

#27     Dec 31, 2005
  8. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Boss Hog:

I see you've only been registered on EliteTrader for and year and a half so you've probably not seen numerous explanations about the way IB's SMART handles orders. Briefly:

SMART routes your order to the National Best Bid or Offer. If Timber Hill, IB's market making subsidiary, has the NBBO, or if it is tied for the NBBO, the order goes to Timber Hill. If Timber Hill is not at the NBBO, SMART directs the order to the NBBO.

IB, the broker, does not make markets, it acts purely as a broker. Their FOREX Futures, and Options offerings are good examples of the brokerage side of the business. I'm not sure which IB subsidiary it is, but they also have investments in some of the exchanges. Once again, the exchanges make their money on trading volume, price is basically inconsequential.

#28     Dec 31, 2005
  9. plugger

plugger

That would be a nice feature.

#29     Dec 31, 2005
  10. perhaps I was mistaken, my apologies if so.

#30     Dec 31, 2005