New HP Workstation coming soon

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by myminitrading, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Just got a Dell catalogue in the mail discussing their workstations as well. Not much info cuase they direct you to their online link but they had a shot of 4 screens linked together. Might have to compare Dell to HP and see which is cheaper/better...

2. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

xp-2000 supports 10 out the box - what's so new about that?

3. It is my understanding that the workstation is configured with graphics that supports 8 monitors for financial traders. Yes windows 2000 professional and windows XP does support 12 monitors but without the correct hardware you have nothing.

4. yvberj

yvberj

"You get what you pay for". Just because it's cheap doesn't make it good. I've heard of more problems and short life span with some of these cheaper systems than anything else.

If your trading to make a living and online throughout the day you want a system that you can depend upon and not worry about having problems six months or a year after you get it.

I looked quite a bit before I bought my present system and I'm extatic about the quality and service that I've gotten in the 2 yrs. that I have it.

I went for quality as opposed to price and had it configured the way I wanted. The company is Digital Tigers, digitaltigers.com.
    Check out their website.

PS: I have nothing to do with the company, just pleased with their service and equipment.

5. Their is no price posted, comming soon! the configuration looks like quality Intel 5000 configurattion Xeon dual core processors.

Yes this will compete with the Boxes they sell.

• cpu.jpg
      File size:
      167.3 KB
      Views:
  7. yvberj

yvberj

I haven't looked at their site in a while. Let me check & I'll get back.

8. yvberj

yvberj

I just checked the Digital Tigers website and uander "products" they are showing their different models and if you go to the specific model they are showing base prices and additions. Also you can call them. At the time they were very good explaining everything and making recommendations on the phone.

9. TGM

TGM

I have had good luck with HP workstations. They are a little pricey compared to others but I have yet to have a problem with them.

I would be interested in seeing a price on this system.

#10     Jun 16, 2006