New health-care law will destroy US economy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by turkeyneck, Mar 26, 2010.

1. I agree, will be stimulative but only because the REAL cost of this bill is likely to be 2-3T over 10 years, not 1T. The fact that the additional 1-2T will come in the form of debt will just add to our problems down the road and unfortunately we won't even get better access nor quality for the money wasted. Stimulative yes, but at terrible cost and very inefficient.

What is really going on is they are trying to turn the SSA in to an IRS like organization. A new avenue with which to control the sheeple.

#41     Mar 28, 2010
  2. Banjo

Banjo

#42     Mar 28, 2010
  3. Banjo

Banjo

This is from BMO research , a respected firm. This is the very light free to the public version. I post this here not to engage the various ET food groups , fruits and nuts especially, in senseless banter but as a source of credible information re: the much vaunted Canadian healthcare model.

http://www.bmonesbittburns.com/economics/focus/recent/100326doc.pdf

#43     Mar 28, 2010
  4. In Western MA 16 primary care docs have shut their practices in the last 3 years. It was an under served area before that happened. Volume in area EDs has exploded. I doubt the extra 10% payment from medicare will do much to incentivize docs to come and work there unless they are coming from Bangalore.

Realistically medicare needs to raise rates 30% ED co pays need to go way up for cases that don't result in admissions, and urgent care reimbursement needs to be a nationwide coding category. If malpractice reform isn't in the cards then the above is one way to get better care for more people for less money.

#44     Mar 28, 2010
  5. Oh I agree ... it is absolutely nightmarish.

#45     Mar 28, 2010
  6. No. What is amazing is a drooling nutwing can use spell checker.

The reason ET has turned into a filthy loser-fest of tea gagging nutwings like you is because you losers finally figured out how to work the internets.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sUsBvkfQKUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sUsBvkfQKUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

These bastards are so dim witted that they missed the 3 decades of republican misrule, pedophilia and massive corruption they voted for. Now they're mad a black man is giving them the shaft.

The other frightening aspect is these nutwings are breeders. They breed faster than rabbits with the entire family of 100 living off welfare on my taxes. It's just too bad we are not allowed to euthanize these retarded low IQ losers. One can only hope that day arrives sooner than later.

#46     Mar 28, 2010
  7. [​IMG]

Guns to healthcare town halls and spitting on members of congress.........

#47     Mar 28, 2010
  8. This debate is bs. healthcare will not destroy the economy.
    The War on terror and financial fraud/bailout already have.

#48     Mar 28, 2010
  9. Where do you get this nonsense from?

Governments (and government owned corporations) produce all sorts of things eg

* Police forces which "produce" law and order enforcement

* In somewhere like UK, the NHS "produces" health care services

* Transport and transport infrastructure

* Social welfare services which "produce" such things as aged care.

* Maintenance and construction of all sorts of municipal facilities such as parks and gardens, public buildings and facilities.

* Education and publicly funded scientific research

* immigration, bio-security

* many others

If you shed all this nonsense "libertarian" ideology (which is actually just corporatist in substance) you might have a fighting chance of actually seeing what goes on in the real world.

#49     Mar 29, 2010
  10. governments don't produce anything in the sense that their efficiency ratio is very very small

in addition to the fact that almost all humans are animals, most are also sick in various ways including in that they take pleasure and pride in injecting suffering and unnecessary hardship into other people's lives, this is the reality regarding humans

the other fact is that government jobs attract some of the sickest and most stupidest people of the country, this is the nature of governments

since governments are a group of people who are supposed to run the country for the rest, and considering the facts regarding human nature and the nature of governments, more government reliance means eventually more suffering and pain both for you and your offspring, just because you don't realize this, doesn't mean it's not the case

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise" -Adolf Hitler

100 years down the road, people are going to look back and laugh at us, for the stupid systems (governments) we created and so dearly defended

haha, you consider UK a country, UK is the shittiest place possible, if I were to choose between eternal hell and having to live the rest of my life in that fucking country, I wouldn't think twice before choosing eternal hell

#50     Mar 29, 2010