New Guys should know, traders provide misinformation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Referrer, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Referrer

Referrer

All you new people, careful when you see traders tell you, ALL you need is price OR all you need is few indicators

it is never that simple, traders worked too hard to figure out a trading edge and won't just announce it on ET

even in this thread liars will show up, they will lead you to years of work for nothing

On ET you have a choice, Be sucked in by people like Spectra, or be sucked in by other traders

Don Bright is Cool though and can be trusted

2. Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

3. I dunno, I only trade off of price... my edge is just watching the T&S and LII flow together because I'm used to it... I have nothing to prove and no motive to lie... it is pretty simple, I just have experience doing it so I'm used to most of the games and patterns, and that took experience.

4. Now is that the truth or did you just wake-up? :p

Actually several threads have been started or commented on over the years that lay the foundation or just flat-out reveal some killer strategies. Amazingly many were totally ignored and have languished in the archives. They're there, without much fanfare or hoopla but they definetly won't just jump in your lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CetPq_pkHc

5. Price tells you everything you need to know. Searching for that great combination of indicators is a waste of time. Thinking that there is some magic to trading is a waste of time. The magic is that there is NO MAGIC.

Beginning traders are made to believe there is magic to trading so they will buy everything out there from the next guru.

As far as successful traders providing misinformation that will cost you years of work for nothing, all I can say is you will have years of work for nothing when you are looking for something that is not there. The indicator lovers are the ones providing the smoke screen.

Now all of that being said, there are many ways to make and lose money in the market, but if you understand price movements you will be a winner more often than a loser.

edit: and I am not saying it is impossible to make money using indicators. It's just the indicators confuse the issue and take focus away from price.

6. azukar

azukar

Best post I've seen on here in a long time.

7. Insert banned again?

8. Yeah, sounds good. focus on price.

Is that price up , price down, price not changing or The Price Is Right?

[​IMG]

9. LOL! Probably!