New guys now is the time...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Nov 16, 2009.

1. How come the supposedly older and more senior traders here are having trouble trading this market? This market is like any other bull market with sharp thrusts and pullbacks. A volatile bull market like this one should not be that difficult to trade.

When I look at the posts, I come to one conclusion. Most guys here are letting their emotions get the best of them. The truth is that this environment is one of the best ones to trade since the late 90s. In fact, in some ways, this is the late 90s. Today the Russell 2000 is up over 3% alone and thats just an index. Certain mining stocks like SWC up 16% in one session.

I dont know what to tell you if you can't make money in an environment like this one.

2. You sound like a giant douchebag.

3. If you ever run for political office, I WILL vote for you. :D

4. Top...

5. the1

the1

Really! I'm not sure I've seen an easier market to trade. It's 1999 all over again. Ask no questions. Just buy.

I disagree that this is a volatile market however. If volatility were present the swings up would be met with equally vicious swings down. That doesn't occur. We go up and we stay up. There's nothing to do but buy at the open, spend 5 1/2 hours on the golf course, and come back and sell near the close. What could be easier?

6. You are not a scalper, what youa re doing is some kind of positional trading. Scalpers are finding it incredibly difficult due to very low order flow in this market.

7. the1

the1

I am a scalper. I trade the ES futures (primarily) intra-day and I typically look for 1-3 points. Lately however, I've thrown out that 1-3 point target and take a partial at some point in that interval and put the stop at b/e and let her fly and boy, does she fly :)

8. newbie! i bet you dont even have 1 yr of trading experience

9. talking abt stocks

10. Redneck

Redneck

OP,

I try my best to not be a dickhead on this forum, or dog pile on another member.... But ever since you posted this LVS call (the link below) – I have my reservations….

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178218&highlight=lvs

btw - This market is neither easy or hard - it is what it is...

I deal with it (trade it) day to day - I don’t have the luxury of wishing it was something it isn’t

Just keeping it real… Now cuss me out if you are so inclined

RN

#10     Nov 16, 2009