New guys, now is not the time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Dustin, Oct 30, 2009.

1. sosueme

sosueme

Yes there are always opportunities if your skill level is sufficient to remain dynamic each and every day.

sosueme

#11     Oct 30, 2009
  2. Dustin

Dustin

You are looking at the indexes. I trade stocks which have been in a low volume, low volatility mode for some time now.

I trade any stocks that are volatile each day. Breakouts, reversions, news etc.

#12     Oct 30, 2009
  3. volente_00

volente_00

Try spy, qqqq, dia or fas and faz if you want to get brave.

#13     Oct 30, 2009
  4. Dustin

Dustin

I have no edge there.

#14     Oct 30, 2009
  5. Trading the ES is where its at right now. Can you say chachinggggg !!! Just stick with the 10-15 timeframe and watch for economic data early mornings for a preview of where the market is headed.
    Its like stealing candy from a baby. Wahhhhh! Wahhhh! :D

Those of you trading stocks with lethargic volume, and weak trend movement deserve to have your asses handed to you.

Which will get you down the to finish line these last few weeks with more force?

- the field stream( weak moving stocks as of late )

- or the Mississipi River(the ES )

Wake up ppl !!!

#15     Oct 30, 2009
  6. Kap

Kap

You were spoilt for fun last year, like we all were !... I took May to August off.. returning in between for a couple of days a month, deciding it was a dead zone and returning to holiday mode. Just have to grind this out, we were due some doldrums after last years stellar firework show. I chose to bask in last years profits for most of this year.

Last two weeks have been more insteresting, but i expect dull liveless ranges nearer and into December, and then we have the New year.

Best

#16     Oct 30, 2009
  7. logikos

logikos

Nice job. How much you charge for tutoring? :D

#17     Oct 30, 2009
  8. Dustin

Dustin

We get it, you make money on ES. Congrats, you are one of the few. For myself or just about anyone else on the site it's a losing proposition.

#18     Oct 30, 2009
  9. spinn

spinn

this is a great thread and I am glad it was posted, I was long going into yesterday but was underwater because I entered the trade too early even yesterdays huge run up did not give me a reasonable profit so i held and was in denial even though i know the down pressure is still there. i am about to be stopped out of a trade I was flat on this morning.....a truly frustrating environment.

#19     Oct 30, 2009
  10. Yeah, ES is one tough mother to trade, but if you want to get to the truly elite level, mastery of the ES is a necessity because of the scalability thats available. IMO.

#20     Oct 30, 2009