NEW...going BK or recover?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by traderich, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Remember ELN?
    Crashed from 30 to 3; now trades at 12

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=ELN&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

NEW is Def a buy but load up slowly while the dust settles.

May go to $2 but it will be a steal

the company has 7000 employess and massive assests. NEW wont go away.

Within a year this will trade around $8-15

#31     Mar 9, 2007
  2. Exactly,

Glad you mentioned ELN. I had forgotten about that one, but I had traded that one as well.

#32     Mar 9, 2007
  3. NEW CENTURY FINSNCIAL CORP
    Symbol NEW

Investor Notice: KGS Announces Investigation on Behalf of Purchasers of New Century Financial Corp. Preferred Stock

2007-03-10 16:03 ET - News Release

NEW ORLEANS, March 10, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Kahn Gauthier Swick, LLC announces that it has commenced an investigation into New Century Financial Corp. ("New Century" or the "Company") to determine whether it has violated federal securities laws by selling Preferred Stock pursuant to materially false and misleading prospectuses in or about June 2005 ($116.79 million offering of Series A Preferred Stock) and August 2006 ($62.85 million offering of Series B Preferred Stock) (NYSE:NEW-PA) (NYSE:NEW-PB).

On February 7, 2007, New Century announced that it will have to restate its previously reported financial results to correct errors related to its application of generally accepted accounting principles, necessary for reporting allowances for loan repurchase losses. On this news, New Century's Preferred shares declined precipitously.

Later, on March 2, 2007, New Century also disclosed that the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Central District of California had notified the Company that it is conducting a criminal inquiry in connection with trading in New Century's stock, and its accounting. The following trading day, New Century's Preferred Shares again declined.

If you would like to discuss your legal rights as a Preferred shareholder, you may e-mail or call KGS, without obligation or cost to you. You may contact Managing Partner Lewis Kahn of KGS direct, toll free 1-866-467-1400, ext. 100, or by email at lewis.kahn@kgscounsel.com. KGS focuses its practice on securities fraud litigation, and the firm's lawyers have significant experience working on securities fraud cases that have resulted in significant recoveries for shareholders. For more information on KGS, please visit www.kgscounsel.com.

Lewis Kahn
    1-866-467-1400, Ext. 100
    lewis.kahn@kgscounsel.com

1-888-TRADEUP

#33     Mar 10, 2007
  4. balda

balda

Word has it that New Century will be back to ‘business as usual’ early next week. Apparently they are in the process of being acquired by a big name institution. Morgan Stanley was mentioned as a front runner. No new apps until the deal is finalized. Could be as early as Monday/Tuesday.

#34     Mar 10, 2007
  5. And you learned of this how?

#35     Mar 10, 2007
  6. If you're going to buy it, wait for it to start going up... don't try to fish for bottoms here... it might get ugly...

I wouldn't touch it with a stick...

#36     Mar 10, 2007
  7. hughb

hughb

Small banks and S&Ls are being hit by this too. Last week I counted 92 of them made a new 52 week low. These are the symbols, I cut them from my word processor and I don't know how to quickly format it to keep this from being a large post window, but here they are:

ABCW
    ABVA
    AF
    ALLB
    AMNB
    AROW
    AWBC
    BBX
    BKOR
    BKUNA
    BRBI
    BRKL
    BTFG
    CATY
    CCOW
    CFHI
    CFR
    CHFC
    CJBK
    CLFC
    CMTY
    CORS
    CSFL
    CVBF
    DCOM
    FBC
    FBMI
    FCF
    FFIC
    FINB
    FMAR
    FMT
    FPFC
    FPTB
    FRBK
    FSNM
    FULT
    GBTB
    GLK
    HBAN
    HBHC
    HNBC
    IBCP
    JFBI
    KNBT
    LBBB
    LXBK
    MBHI
    MCBC
    MSFG
    NDE
    NPBC
    NTBK
    NWFI
    OAKF
    OCFC
    ONB
    OPOF
    OSBC
    OSKY
    OZRK
    PBKS
    PEBO
    PFB
    PFS
    PMBC
    PRK
    PROV
    PRWT
    PVTB
    RCBK
    RIVR
    RNST
    SAL
    SASR
    SBKC
    TOFC
    TONE
    TRMK
    TRST
    UBSH
    UCFC
    UNTY
    UVSP
    WFBC
    WFD
    WHI
    WIBC
    WM
    WTBA
    WTFC
    WTNY

#37     Mar 11, 2007
  8. bump

#38     Mar 12, 2007
  9. wait for it to go to the pinks sheets and bottom out

then buy on the restructuring plan

There will be an opportunity for a five bagger if you time your trde right. Wait for it to go lower since the selling isnt done yet.

#39     Mar 12, 2007

10. It's a five bagger from here if the company survives. If it goes to pinksheets, likely a BK...the equity holders wiped out, and those holding the debt will profit from the restructuring plan.

#40     Mar 12, 2007