New... From Matrox.. TripleHeadToGo... Laptops, too

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gnome, Mar 2, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

2. So I can connect this box up to my laptop and have three INDEPENDENT screens? The mouse moves across all three screens and I can drag and drop windows into them...must I have a certain card in my laptop to be compatible with this?

Michael B.

3. gnome

gnome

Actually, you can have up to 4 screens. They have a minimum 300 RAMDAC is all... runs off of VGA port.

4. Nifty!

5. What happens to my laptop screen? How much does it cost? Do I need Windows XP or will it also work on my old machine that has windows 98?

Thanks gnome...

6. JayS

JayS

7. JayS

JayS

8. gnome

gnome

I don't know all that stuff. Check with Matrox website. As for display, you can have your laptop as Display #1, and the huge 3-monitor screen [extended desktop] as #2, if your laptop supports.

9. So I am just adding a second screen essentially...I could plug in a Samsung LCD 19" and use it analog...

The reason I ask, is I thought if i bought one of those LCD TV's I would get more screen real estate. That is simply not true as everything is bigger. TV's are viewed from a distance...

10. JayS

JayS

They only support Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Windows® XP.

From the Matrox website:

Can I use the integrated display in my laptop in addition to a TripleHead2Go for a total of four screens?
    Yes.

Cost will be $299 and it will be availabe in April '06.

#10     Mar 2, 2006