New Forum: Data Feeds

Discussion in 'Events' started by Baron, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We've launched a new "Data Feeds" forum here on ET for the discussion of topics like data feeds, APIs, exchange fees, etc.

Also, if you ever have a suggestion for a new forum which would fill in a gap that is currently not covered, and which would get daily traffic on its own, please submit your suggestion in the Feedback forum.

2. Excellent! I hate when things become divided into too many categories, and you end up with 1 item/topic per category, but Elite has done a good job, to me anyway, of adding when appropriate. Data is a good one. We have more options than ever and all have their benefits and problems. Someone on here let me know that my TT data feed for Ninja was the coalesced(sp) version, which the broker never bothered to tell me. I am still in the process of getting my futures trading back and running, and charting and data are one of the issues that I seem to spend too much time researching.
    Someone who has spent more time and much more organized than me would be a welcome addition to this thread with a breakdown of at least a few of the offerings out there and benefits of each.
    Thanks Baron, and all contributors

3. byteme

byteme

Hi Baron,

I realize it's more commercially viable to have a separate forum for data feeds but I personally would appreciate a data feed/API section in addition to or instead of a forum that had functionality more analgous to the books section...but more up to date.

So, somewhere to rate feeds, list different supported platforms, languages, os etc. Indicative prices, country and exchanges supported, reliability, latency etc. programming samples, products that use the feed/API....

...but then I know you once mentioned you wanted to overhaul the books section etc. Surely you're the last person in the world still using ColdFusion,