New Formula on E-signal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by daydreaming, May 20, 2003.

1. Hello everyone,

I want to create a new formula on E-signal. I'd like to calculate the RSI of ROC of the ES. I tried to contact their online customer service with no luck. From E-signal forum, I didn't get any result at all. Do I need to learn Java to combine two existing formulas, RSI and ROC? What is E-signal customer support good for? To answer to questions like "How do I exit from E-signal?"

2. The calculations for ROC and RSI are not that complicated. I am not familiar with the E-signal scripting language, but could you calculate the formula for the ROC manually and then calculate the RSI of that manually? Look at this site for formulas:

http://www.equis.com/Education/TAAZ/?page=95

Good luck,

Dickie Greenleaf

3. I am familiar with Metastock. E-signal uses the Easy Formula Script that is everything, but easy. Otherwise, I really like E-signal because it is very fast, stable and easy to use. E-signal Advanced Charts are very good too. But its EFS...

4. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

5. Thank you Jay for your help.

6. this would be similar to a 3rd or 4th derivative calculation. why would you want this?, other than as a simulated leading indicator or close formation trailing indicator?

this is almost like developing an indicator for watching the hairs on the back of one's neck standing up, to signal trend change, or is that an appropriate annology?