new FFastTrade sponsorship

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Aaron, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Sabena,

Once the CBOT has started to use LIFFE Connect and Eurex lists the US products! At this time the Gloves will be off!

Riskless

#11     Jan 21, 2003
  2. When you say Eurex is going to list US products, do you mean stuff like eminis? There will be two places to trade eminis? I thought the CME had an exclusive on SP index products.

#12     Jan 21, 2003
  3. but I will say the FFast Trade gal I spoke to was very and polite and knew traderspeak ...

#13     Jan 21, 2003
  4. #14     Jan 21, 2003
  5. Sioux

Sioux

Thanks for the compliment Seth. I enjoyed speaking with you as well. I'll call you on Friday morning.

Susan

#15     Jan 21, 2003
  6. Foz

Foz

Another cause for the high exchange fees is that your clearing fee is in there. And right now the exchanges have a monopoly on clearing -- you have to clear e-mini's through the CME clearinghouse.

ISE just recently filed a lawsuit against the NYBOT challenging this monopoly under anti-trust laws. I hope they are successful!

#16     Jan 21, 2003
  7. Foz

Foz

Yes, the CME has exclusive futures use of the S&P 500 Index. (And probably the Nasdaq 100.) Eurex won't be able to list S&P contracts.

But no one has an exclusive on Eurodollars or Treasuries. I expect Eurex to enter the huge huge Eurodollar market first.

#17     Jan 21, 2003
  8. Why would ISE which deals in equity optons sue NYBOT whice are soft commodtities exchange. Do you have a link to that story? Thanks

#18     Jan 21, 2003

9. Eurex will list all of the contracts that do not have exclusivity. The Dow, Nasadq and S&P contracts are owned by the CBOT and CME. They will list the Interest rate products with a vengeance.

Regards,

Tom

#19     Jan 21, 2003

10. Thanks Mark!

I know that you and your firm add value on EliteTrader. I appreciate the welcome! Take care.

#20     Jan 21, 2003