New Exotic Investment Hatched by Wall Street Scumbags: Bundled Life Ins Settlements

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Refusing to pay for the treatment is a sure bet on death.
    So, the Pols who craft the laws to "off the elderly" get kickbacks from the Viaticals.
    Easy money.

#11     Sep 6, 2009

2. Refusing to pay for treatment by a private insurance is the same as viaticals? Only difference is the insurance company is asking 100% payment all the healthy life, THEN refuse payment. Not .80 cent or .70 on the USD like viatical.

#12     Sep 6, 2009
  3. Add a few powerful lobbyist and shaft the public with ERISA which basically absolves the Insurer from any liability for refusing to provide treatment.

They can only be sued in Federal Court after the injured/deceased follows a 90 day 1st appeal of denied service, 180 day 2nd appeal process. And surviving a court ordered mediation.

If at anytime this injured insured fails along any step the claim is barred.

Erisa is the biggest sham.. no protection for the employed, only the insurer.

On top of this the insured has the right to sue the insured for making fraudulent claims and extort the injured into a settlement by way of bankruptcy.

Given every Settlement is a confidential agreement the injured party can't publicly complain without more lawsuits.

Lobbyist are the lawmakers and lawyers for the insurance companies.

If I had this monopoly and license to steal with a get out of jail free cards and a few billion dollar bailouts...

I certainly wouldn't be tight lipped and greasing that machine. Hell i'd spend every last cent of it fighting like hell to preserve the status quo. If i lose... Pull the plug and blame the feds.

#13     Sep 6, 2009
  4. "DEATH INSURANCE" is already alive and well.

Denying continuing Insurance for the terminally ill is a standard procedure.

You are obviously Yet another illiterate Slimeball tea-bagger trying to act educated.

And to educate you slime balls further.

THERE IS A GOVT. OPTION ALREADY EXISTING.

It's called MEDICARE for you 65 year old tea-bagging slime balls. We all know you live in the poverty level, so you all qualify.

#14     Sep 6, 2009
  5. I guess I'm not being clear on my point.

Life and Health Ins. are separate issues.
    If you can buy a $100,000 life Ins. policy on a dying man for, oh, say, $10,000, you've made a good investment.
    You become the beneficiary, and upon the guys death, you get $100K

Now, say you represent a Co. that does this all the time.
    1. If you can partner with Health Ins. Co.'s to tighten up their standards on treatment refusals, you make more money, and faster too.
    2. If you can lobby the Goverment to take over "health insurance", and the new "laws" in the Government's Health Care Plan MANDATE refusal of treatment/food to the old and infirm, you're well on your way to making billions.
    Now, the only question the politicians will ask is "Where's my cut?"

#15     Sep 6, 2009
  6. Nattdog

Nattdog

The only thing that will help is bringing this industry fully into the light of day.

Once this occurs competition will ensure that the discount rate those sellling their policy get is not at scam/ripoff levels. So long as this industry hides in the shadows, it will be much easier for them to rip off the uninformed.

#16     Sep 6, 2009
  7. <cough> Death Bonds? << yes, they sure do exist.

If you pay an investment manager based on performance, your aligning his incentive with the goal right?

What this is:

Incentive is death? Interesting....very interesting.

-troll

#17     Sep 6, 2009
  8. maxpi

maxpi

I'd say this article referred by the idiot ByLO is a plant from the life insurance companies... they make more from their policies when the owners miss some payments.. they keep all the premiums and lose the liability.. when the original owner sells the policy to a professional invester, there never is going to be a missed payment... this has been ongoing for years, lots of people got older, had no reason to have life insurance any more because the kids were grown up and the spouse was either gone or in great financial shape so they can sell the policy for some long coin... it was a seller's market a few years ago but now the buyers are being more selective and not paying as much...

#18     Sep 6, 2009
  9. ipatent

ipatent

When the pharm companies making the swine flu vaccine start buying these up, then it is time to get worried.

#19     Sep 6, 2009
  10. What Wall St. 'product development' is always looking for is an unregulated way to sell paper and make commissions. We clean up 1 cesspool --- they create another

Its the way of things

#20     Sep 6, 2009