New ES Margin from CME

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ktm, Nov 17, 2003.

1. ktm

ktm

It seems that CME has bumped up the performance bond requirements on the most index products, some by a LOT (NASDAQ E-Mini). ES margin is now $4,000/$3,200.

IB has a notice up this AM to check your new margin requirements as they are effective immediately.

2. I do not understand this.
    Volatility came down greatly during
    the last weeks & months.

3. These are preparations for the upcoming stock market crash ...

:D

4. those are the overnight margins....intra day went up but not as bad:

es 2000/1600

nq 1875/1500

5. they were much higher before the open, what's going on? :confused:

6. overnight margin is and has been 2x then during "normal US market hours".....doesn't that make sense? due to the thinness

7. They upped the margin for NQ to $3750 from $2250 that sucks(along with their new trading hours I think it's a way to encourage daytrading) . The market went up 50% but volatility went down and they raise the margin 66%! How does the CME calculate the performance bonds ?!

8. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

Please note that TradeStation has new lower $1000 Day-Trading Margins for E-Mini S&P, E-Mini NASDAQ and Mini-Dow.

Also, the TradeStation commissions for all electronically traded U.S. futures, including E-Minis, are now just $2.50 per side, per contract, when traded through the TradeStation 7 platform. In addition, we offer a special pricing plan for CME and CBOT exchange members.

For additional information please call 800-808-9336 .

9. The sign to wash out the players. They always do that when they want liquidity to drop and so the market haha ! Personally I prefer these periods as for trading it's more easier for my model :D.

#10     Nov 17, 2003