New Equipment...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by canyonman00, Jan 28, 2003.

1. ?? The compatbility issue is HUGE. One uses Rambus memory and one uses DDR memory. Rambus is faster, arguably more stable, marginally more expensive & rumored to be on the way out in Intel's roadmap. Word is the 850 is the last Rmabus chipset from Intel.

DDR memory is somewhat slower, stable when not pushed to the edge, maybe a little cheaper and rumored to be the technology Intel is going with in the future.

The next chipset everyone is waiting for is Intel's dual channel DDR 400mhz w/800 mhz FSB I believe. That should out do even the 850, but who knows when it's going to be available and at what cost. If I were to buy a system today I'd probably go w/ the 845PE, but if I want the best performance and don't care that I may be placing my bets on technology slated for pahse out, I'd go with the 850. HTH :)

#11     Feb 8, 2003
  2. speedy

speedy

I purchased a system from these guys. It was the most expensive system you can buy. I've had nothing but headaches and they never return a damn call. So, no matter what guarantees they have for service, they SUCK. I have a trail of 20+ unreturned emails with various problems. I don't even use the machine anymore. My toddler uses it for Reader Rabbit now. Its a dual processor - what a waste. I found out later on that one of my problems is that they gave me a bum video card but all they kept doing is sending me new cable to try out.

Stay away!

#12     Feb 8, 2003
  3. Hmm, maybe I should clarify that I was speaking of things like multiple video cards, types of monitors (for quality of output), etc. I would figure that the RAM issue is one that some would not comprehend, but if there is a tech involved... :)

#13     Feb 8, 2003