New Emini trader; what best platform for newbie?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dominic, Jan 30, 2009.

1. trendy

trendy

Really? How so? Because the dollar amount of a loss is the same whether you are using $500 margins or $3,000 margins.

#21     Jan 31, 2009
  2. Surdo

Surdo

I was referring to a cowboy newbie that might trade a 5 or 10 lot with $500 margin, in a $5,000 account.

Yes you make/lose dough at the same rate regardless of the performance bond.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

I need to be drunk to read this board.

#22     Jan 31, 2009
  3. trendy

trendy

Well, that explains the lack of clarity.

#23     Jan 31, 2009
  4. Best thing would for you to just try out a bunch of free demo's of different trading platforms to see what you like or don't like. You'll learn a lot about what you need / really don't need in a trading platform by just testing your trading on free trial demo accounts:
    http://www.codexcommodities.com/2_Top_Online_Trading_Platforms_Futures_Commodity.html

#24     Feb 2, 2009
  5. #25     Feb 2, 2009
  6. i agree, i use global futures. been with alot of other ib's, found them to be the best and cheapest. i use the onyx or turbotrader, dont like the 2nd addition. have interactive brokers for equities but dont like futures with them

#26     Feb 17, 2009
  7. How much does mirus charge roundturn for es s&p mini futures. How has your experiences been with Mirus as a broker? Anything negative? Thank you. Have you ever experienced any problems with ninja trader?

#27     Mar 2, 2009
  8. I was having problems at first with NinjaTrader, but it was because of one or more of the following:

1. My virus scanner and firewall were on, which will slow down NinjaTrader. Temporarily switch these off while trading.
    2. Computer cpu was too slow
    3. Possibly slow router, replaced my old wireless-g one with a wireless-n

The Mirus trading desk and support are very fast/responsive with good advice. I resolved the above issues per their suggestions and now am very pleased with the Ninja and Zenfire combo.

NinjaTrader is very cpu intensive, that is the main thing. With a heavy quote load as with the recent market your quotes can be delayed because the cpu can not keep up with processing the heavy volume of quotes and updating your charts/indicators. I upgraded to a quad core machine and with even a very heavy quote load I have not seen my cpu utilization exceed 40 percent.

Hope that helps.

#28     Mar 7, 2009
  9. IB and futurescalper.com is all you need.

#29     Mar 7, 2009