New Elite Trader Wishlist

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by cashonly, Feb 3, 2002.

1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Figure I'd start a new thread since the old one is closed and I've still got wishes<g>.

How about having the search engine display specific threads where the found text is located?

It's tough to search through a 20-page thread to find the reference that the search engine did.

2. tom_p

tom_p

cashonly, your wish has already been granted. In Search Options (bottom half of screen), select Show results as posts (thereby deselecting Show results as threads).

3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Thanks tom_p!

4. Babak

Babak

since everyone is getting all riled up about websites (chat rooms/stock picking, etc.) why not set up a review section for them? Not only would it provide a place for all the bile directed at the snake oil salesmen, it might even serve as a great place for newbies to find info and get a good lead into trading. Hey, you never know!

:)

5. Funster

Funster

Would be nice if you had a 200,000 bytes limit instead of 100k. Would make things a whole lot easier. Not many charts get uploaded, so shouldn't be too much strain on your hard drives. How about it?

6. compaque

compaque

Second Babak's suggestion.

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Babak,

Good idea. Thanks for the input.

Funster,

The file limit is set to 100k because practically all charts (even dual monitor screen shots) will fit into the 100k limit if they are captured and saved properly. The biggest problem is that people are trying to post .jpg files instead of .gif files, which results in larger file sizes and poor image quality. If you are having trouble fitting a shot into the 100k limit, please email it to me at baron@elitetrader.com and I'll take a look at it to see what the problem is, if any.

8. I would like to be able to see members who agree to be "verified" as successful traders. (or beginners for that matter.) It is difficult to have open, meaningful dialogue with people whom I have no assurance know what they are talking about.

I would be willing to submit my official trade logs as verification of my trading abilities. In return I would expect to see under each user's profile their "rating" or just "declined to participate."

These few who can talk the talk and back it up with #'s are true "ELITE TRADERS."

9. There is no practical fraud-proof way to verify trading success.

Maybe tax returns, but that seems unlikely.

10. I would still be willing to give it a shot if it were at least time-prohibitive to cheat. Even a verified trader's words are still relative. If some looser has enough time on their hands to cheat... oh well. At least it would raise the bar a little.

I just get frustrated when I see the potential for communication and community this site could offer, get ruined by people goofing around.

#10     Feb 27, 2002