New E-mini Trader: Is tradestation any good?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by yesguy, May 28, 2004.

1. yesguy

yesguy

Hey folks i am new to the e-mini game and had a few question:

1. I am considering using Tradestation and was wondering what current / past users of the platform think of the platform and the company.

2. ...any of the reputable futures brokerages will with equal facility help you lose money.

You could enjoy 100% connection reliability, 100% accurate data, zero latency data delivery, and flawless and instantaneous execution, and you would still lose.

Success lies elsewhere. When you discover where that is, all of ET will fall adoringly at your feet.

My remarks should save you the usual rash of snotty rejoinders from posters less kind than I. Should perchance one dbphoenix post, I advise you not to read it. It will only make you cry.

3. Ebo

Ebo

You are better off learning to count cards.
    At least you get Free drinks and save on the commission while losing your money. If you flash enough dough around, hey you might even get a room comped!

4. yesguy,

Welcome to the sometimes hostile world of ET where skeptics, liars, and optimists abound. There are many valuable discussions that take place here; apparently this one is not heading in the direction you had hoped for.

I'd suggest a better source of info on Tradestation is:

http://www.tradestationworld.com/

I've used it since 1988 (started with SystemWriter) and like it mainly because I am used to its ways, quirks and bugs. Much like any complex piece of software it does many things well and has its share of problems and failings. None is perfect and in that regard, Tradestation fits in well with the offerings available to users like you and I.

If you are contemplating a simple system, then you may be better starting with something less complex.

Also, Tradestation is very expensive if you do not also use their brokerage service. And if you do then you have to pony up several thousand to open an account.

Good luck,

DS

5. ..."the meaning of your communication is the response you get".

If you insist on being serious, a very low cost and reliable approach is E-Signal for data, charting and testing, and Interactive Brokers for trading. They will help you lose money with far lower costs.

To make the record complete, ET also abounds with charlatans, false gurus, fools, grouches, egomaniacs, slanderers, self-promoters, psychotics, and various combinations thereof.

6. yesguy

yesguy

DS

I expected the clowns to post as I have been reading the forums for a little while now and shifting through their crap.
    Thank you for your thoughts.

I am going to be a registerd user next week and will be going to
    <http://www.tradestationworld.com/>
    once I fund my account

A question for you:

What are the problems and failings you are refering to?

My main reason for choosing TS is
    1. Back testing
    2. Automation
    3. Seems to be highly regarded
    4. 1 click executions.

Are there any issues I should be aware of regarding any of these points?

7. ...the unfortunate Ebo when you used the word clown. You not being from here, I assume that you don't realize that ostentatiously providing a link to the vendor in question automatically makes people suspect that you might be (and I choose from the above combinatorial list) a "charlatan promoter". After you have finished singing the praises of TS, would you be so kind as to tell us of all the preparations you have made to become a successful e-mini trader? I personally should like to know how to become one. TIA.

Also, I marvel at doucs's instant recognition of the common needs of "users like you and I" from your remarkably uninformative initial post.

8. yesguy

yesguy

the original reason for the post was a simple question.

"I am considering using Tradestation and was wondering what current / past users of the platform think of the platform and the company"

to which I got teh clown like replies:

"any of the reputable futures brokerages will with equal facility help you lose money"

and

"You are better off learning to count cards"

9. yesguy

yesguy

i dont work for, am i assoiciated with TS.

I am still deciding on whether or not to use them as a service.

I am just a new trader looking for information.

10. Ebo

Ebo

and I was not kidding.
    Try the 30 day Trial for FREE.
    Decide for yourself.

#10     May 28, 2004