New Direct + rule?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by tradestox, Mar 13, 2003.

1. my vote goes to the crowd and other preferred customers.

#11     Mar 15, 2003
  2. Obviously, too many of us had found the market that fit their needs. That's why they are taking it away.

#12     Mar 15, 2003
  3. Yep, maybe it's the franchising of listed trading shops that is speeding up the evolution of the NYSE, maybe not.

However, I personally LOVE the aspect of constant change in this business, but that is just my personality. I'm no eddie vedder - I don't "change by not changing at all." I am a f^cking chameleon. Those bastards want to change the rules and make everything SEEM harder, well, then it's just gonna get easier for me, because behind every little bit of change, there is a little giblet of truth, and the truth is what I am after here.

Personally, the "prick factor" of the NYSE is one of the best things about it. It keeps new traders away, and keeps a steep learning curve to the business, which is what we want. I want to be part of the NYSE business model -- it is the least fair international exchange in the world (I am presupposing that the AMEX doesn't matter -- because it doesn't) and that is the way I want it. I want to be part of the unfairness.

But seriously, although I haven't been following the rule changes, the whole printing outside the spread thing is just plain wacky. When I sit down and figure out what's going on, I'll probably bitch a little bit, but my guess is that it'll just make the game easier in the long run.

#13     Mar 18, 2003
  4. kelly74

kelly74

Funny thing about this rule change is that it has really pissed off a lot of people. Yet the SEC did not receive ONE single public comment about it before they passed it. Maybe the SEC should make it easier for people to find out about proposed rules like this so people can voice their concerns ....before they are passed.

#14     Mar 21, 2003