new desktop from Dell

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by osho67, Jun 20, 2014.

1. I have recently purchased a new desk top from Dell. This has a HDMI-out port. Windows 8.1 . Will I be able to connect second monitor via this HDMI port? If yes what sort of cable do I need? Or can I connect second monitor using USB 2 or USB3 port? Again what should I buy?

Thanks .

2. Not enough information.

1. What model Dell?

2. Are you using "onboard" video chip or video card?

3. Not enough information.

1. What model Dell?

2. Are you using "onboard" video chip or video card?

However... for running 2 monitors, better and easier to just buy an inexpensive dual-port video card to run from your PCIEx16 slot.

4. It is a basic machine. Inspiron 3646. cost £199

5. Took longer to upload to Photobucket than it did for the agent to answer :p

[​IMG]

6. easymon1

easymon1

Dell Support works fine if one knows how to use it. Check out all the contact info in that Welcome message. The gripe and groans toward them mystify me.
    Now I wonder if it's not too much trouble, could you hand me that piano, please?

7. IamaMars

IamaMars

You can't connect monitors via USB 2 or even USB 3 or any other versions of USB as far as I know really. And if your card do support HDMI output - yes you can really use it, why not ? I bet you want it as second monitor - do research the topic.

8. Overnight

Overnight

Consider his issue resolved 5 years ago, the date of the last response before you bumped it. No award for j00.

Big AAPL likes this.
  9. FSU

FSU

All this person has been doing is bumping 5 year old technology threads. Don't know why, very odd.

Big AAPL likes this.
  10. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

It's the new breed of AU Bots.

Artificial Unintelligence.

#10     Jul 25, 2019
    apdxyk likes this.