new DELL monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ITR2744, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Yup, also nowadays, it really doesn't make sense to go for a brand, considering they mostly use panels from a limited number of same manufacturers.

For example, 20" Apple Cinema Display and Dell 2005fpw used exact same IPS panels for a while. Price difference between two monitors was enormous though....

Still many people paid the extra for the "brand" and "looks"...going with Apple over fugly Dell 2005fpw.

#21     Feb 14, 2008
  2. KiwiRoo

KiwiRoo

Sorry, I wasn’t aware. I live in Australia and some of the Shops are still selling it. Gotta love the image quality on them anyway.

#22     Feb 14, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

If Planar is sold down under, check them out... quite good and well priced.

#23     Feb 14, 2008
  4. if 500 or 600 bucks is really no consideration (why should it be to a trader?).. get (2) 30's Dell and a GeForce card to drive those awesome resolutions :cool:

#24     Feb 14, 2008
  5. Syprik

Syprik

I've been running three no-frill 24" Samsung 245BW with great success. I also run a Dell 2407 24" for a Solidworks CAD workstation. I do not see the need for $650+ Ultrasharps for trading when you can pick up these $399 (@Costco) Samsungs. Text/charting is just as sharp with side-by-side comparison with the 2407.

Save some $ and put it towards more powerful system components and data services.

#25     Feb 18, 2008
  6. mokwit

mokwit

"..............type of LCD panel goes into each monitor (TN, MVA, PVA, IPS, etc). This is important for you if you have an issue with your eyesight."

Any elaboration on this would be apreciated, from postings above it seems viewing angle and colour quality are the main issues, but someone mentioned sharpness of text images.

#26     Feb 18, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lcd

#27     Feb 18, 2008