New Dell 30" LCD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by winter, Dec 22, 2005.

1. New Belgium Brewery...:D:D:D

#31     Dec 22, 2005
  2. If you want to see the importance of the screen area just watch what you will see on a small screen....... and imagine what it would be on a bigger screen.

:)

#32     Dec 22, 2005
  3. omniscient

omniscient Guest

it's been a long week so my imagination is shot. help a brotha out?

:D

#33     Dec 22, 2005
  4. I think it's clear we all need bigger screens.

#34     Dec 22, 2005
  5. just21

just21

Will the hdtv shows I download illegally not work on these new monitors because of the hdcp flag? Season 2 of desperate housewives hasn't started in the UK, before you ask!

#35     Dec 22, 2005
  6. Well i could start from the bottom, but the problem is that you well see everything up till her knees.

#36     Dec 22, 2005

7. LOL!!!!

I agree that screen size will dictate the size of each individual pixel if the same count is used on different screen sizes, but the same amount of pixels (what will appear on screen) will remain the same.

You guys are trying to compare apples to oranges with your fuzzy math. :D

st

#37     Dec 22, 2005
  8. syrre

syrre

Case closed then :) nhf

Is it? I thought he ment a Flat tire, as in puncture my ride. :D

#38     Dec 22, 2005
  9. syrre

syrre

I wanted to correct something that was terribly wrong.

#39     Dec 22, 2005
  10. TGM

TGM

You got some good taste in beer.

FWIW, I was over a traders friends house. He was going to show me his new git up. I have been doing this business for too long. So I thought no big deal he bought a digital tiger yada yada yada. I remember paying 1500 dollars for one 17 inch LCD. This is what he had just recently purchased. It has been a long time since I became giddy over a trading screen layout----like years.

http://www.digitaltigers.com/zenview-arenahd.shtml

It is impressive. I never thought that I would like anything above 19 inch lcd's. But I have say the 30 inch is what the doctor ordered. I never could imagine sitting in front of a 30 inch monitor with all my trading goods on the screen. But after doing it at his place. It is not what I thought it would be. Much better than expected. I have 6 19inch lcd's. Once you start playing on the 30 inch. It opens up alot of layout ideals for charts etc. Very cool. Much better than the 24's. It is not so much that the 30 offers more real estate. It is the fact that you can have a very flexible working area. Especially now with many trading programs being multimonitor friendly. Not at all what I expected.

How much is the Dell 30 going to cost? The 24 inch dell is 1k. It will probably be reasonable. Toys Toys Toys.

#40     Dec 22, 2005