New Day Trader looking for best Platform...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EconomicHitMan, Dec 29, 2010.

1. %%
    Good word.
    IB is very good [+ they recommend you have 2 brokers ,cause they dont have time to answer the phone]Sure,E hitman, you can do better than E-trade; i remember they charged my account for using their toll free telephone stock quotes.

Mainly print/record your own charts, that way when you get bad price volume data [+ you will, not a prediction, simply life]. you dont have to close out a swing position trade for bad data.My e signal intraday charts went down one time; but e signal 20 day charts + bid/ ask worked well

#51     Jun 14, 2017
  2. 777

Trading high priced stocks is often not so easy because of the spread, especially for beginners.

#52     Nov 27, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Definitely not in beta anymore. :) We're a full blown professional trading platform. MotiveWave (www.MotiveWave.com) is a really good front end choice with IB if you don't want to use IB TWS. You can use a supplementary data feed like IQFeed to fill in the historical data, since IB's third party API limits the amount of data to 1 year of historical data.

#53     Mar 16, 2018
  4. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

I'd be interested to get your feedback on what you think of us now. We were in beta for a year to get user feedback, so it was free during that time. Now years later, we are a very evolved platform and highly configurable. And we do have Pivot Points :) All pricing is on our website.

#54     Mar 16, 2018
  5. JSOP

JSOP

Do you allow for programming strategies by traders themselves or do you just provide a collection of existing strategies? And what about programming for indicators?

Thanks

#55     Mar 16, 2018
  6. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Our software is very reasonably priced and connects to IB. Lifetime Licenses with trading functionality cost between $295 and $1595 depending on the level of features you want. Our Strategy Edition is our lowest edition that has full back testing and optimization for $595 (Lifetime License).

#56     Mar 16, 2018
  7. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Yes. We've got a free Java SDK for programming your own custom studies/indicators/strategies. We have 275+ built-in studies and 30+ built in strategies too. If you can't program in Java yourself, we can put you in contact with a programmer who knows MotiveWave well and can give you a quote.

#57     Mar 16, 2018
  8. it's because professionals who make a living 'trading' trade futures and 100 share lots like in daytrading and short term trading.

paying $10/trade for stocks intraday is not 'professional' but amateur and fool.

here is a tip. if you don't make consistent profits within first 5 days of trading, stop trading NOW! obviously you have no system or trading plan.

and find a better system or buy one or copy one.

all brokers are the same for short term trading and daytrading it's charged by the shares...from .005/share to .01 share.

and futures it's like $1-$3 per round trip.

daytrading isn't like a regular business where it takes years to 'build a business' etc it's like a video game, you make money on day one.

#58     Mar 16, 2018
  9. JSOP

JSOP

If you don't offer programming in any other language other than Java, then I'm gonna have to pass. Not interested in spending extra for a programmer on top of software fee I still have to pay to you. Let me know if you are able to offer programming in languages other than Java.

Good luck!

#59     Mar 16, 2018
  10. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Currently, the only option is to program in Java. It is on our list of future enhancements to add another programming language but we do not have a timeline for this yet (or a decision on what programming language we will add).

#60     Apr 11, 2018