New datafeed from Metastock/Reuters

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by just21, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Metastock Pro FX

Will be checking with them to review what exactly is included for $65 USD/month.

Anyone using this package have comments? Would like to hear:

- How true the data feed is, spikey/hot?
    - How reliable the system is? Up all of the time or frequent outages?
    - What happens when there is an outage? Is data replaced or will there be a gap of no data for the time the outage took place.
    - Quality of technical support
    - What specific news is included
    - How much historical FX data is included.
    - Overall impressions/comments. EX: is this a decent competitive alternative to TradeStation (GFT data feed)?

As per my comments under Forex Brokers >> TradeStation - GFT Feed, looking for a replacement...

#11     Jun 22, 2005
  2. Metastock Pro FX

I called them. Everything looks great. I am seriously considering switching. I suggest you call them and discuss and review pricing.

- How true the data feed is, spikey/hot?
    This is the full Reuters FX Feed. S/B 1st class.

- How reliable the system is? Up all of the time or frequent outages?
    S/ have the same up time as other Reuters products.

- What happens when there is an outage? Is data replaced or will there be a gap of no data for the time the outage took place.
    The data is scrubbed and replaced when required.

- Quality of technical support
    I did not ask, assuming it is good.

- What specific news is included
    Reuters News, FX focused and more - almost sounds like the full feed.

- How much historical FX data is included.
    Alot, (Perhaps it is * 30 days of tick data, 250 days of intraday historical data, 30 years of daily data and 23 years of fundamental data as posted by just21)

- Overall impressions/comments. EX: is this a decent competitive alternative to TradeStation (GFT data feed)?
    It has been out since Monday, June 20, 2005.

*** Does anyone know the convertibility/ease of translation of TradeStation EasyLanguage to Metastock?

#12     Jun 22, 2005
  3. Metastock Pro FX

Call them for pricing as the internet site is somewhat confusing and they have more than 1 pricing option. I did not post this because I feel that this is in their realm to review it with prospective customers.

#13     Jun 22, 2005
  4. just21

just21

If you can get any old pro version off ebay (there is one for $1.04 at the moment) there is a free upgrade until 20th of September.

#14     Jun 22, 2005
  5. Thanks for all of the comments

Any further comparisons between Metastock Pro and TradeStation in terms of charting and technical analysis?

I actually run a lot of charts and workspaces on TradeStation and am trying to determine whether Metastock is capable of running a lot. I do not constantly look at everything, but it is there when needed.

#15     Jun 22, 2005
  6. JackR

JackR

If I recall correctly, and perhaps someone else can confirm, Metastock cannot do looping in its code, whereas EZLanguage can. That can be a significant shortcoming.

#16     Jun 23, 2005
  7. morph

morph

This is not really true. Equis will need to find you as a registered customer (Purchased a previous version from them or an authorized reseller) before they will give you version 9.1 QuoteCenter for free.

Depends on if you want to have complex formulas calculating on every chart every tick/bar (This can eat up a lot of CPU). If you want several charts with some basic trading indicators/trendlines drawn on them, the software does support sending charts/layouts to multiple monitors. There does seem to be some instability when using their "auto-tile" feature with multiple monitors, but as long as you position the charts on the other monitors yourself, or you use the manual tile/stack/column window options you should be fine.

#17     Jun 28, 2005
  8. morph

morph

#18     Jul 1, 2005
  9. cmk

cmk

I am sure you were looking at every last one of them

#19     Jul 1, 2005
  10. morph

morph

Don't really need to, but their Expert Advisor works on a chart-to-chart basis. Attaching an Expert advisor to generate buy/sell/highlights and alerts when conditions occur is a handy benefit of having several charts open at once.

#20     Jul 1, 2005