new computer help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by soler, Mar 29, 2009.

1. gnome

gnome

Wow.. that's lame. Pay TRIPLE the price because somebody told you it's a "trading machine"?

#31     Mar 30, 2009
  2. gnome

gnome

In your original post you list "4, 30"ers, and 2, 24"s"...

If you're using 22", suggest Nvidia Quadro NVS 290s. You'll want 2, 290x16, and 1, 290x1 card. That's assuming you get the Dell T3400... I know those cards will run 6 monitors in that box. If you get a different box, you'll probably be OK too... but that's not 100% assured until you try it out.

#32     Mar 30, 2009
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Gnome,

You ever pay to have

Your lawn mowed

Your car washed, detailed

Your laundry done

Your hair cut

It is called paying for convenience – some things I just don’t want to jack with Sir

Redneck

#33     Mar 30, 2009
  4. gnome

gnome

Sure I do... but I also try not to "take it up the tailpipe" at the same time.

If you want convenience, buy one off of Dell's retail site... custom ordered to your specifications... still save about 50% over the TradingComputers f-22... and the Dell likely has a better mobo.

But hey... whatever floats your boat. No skin off of my nose if somebody doesn't mind wasting their money.

#34     Mar 30, 2009
  5. Redneck

Redneck

I don't know about dell have not owned one in years.

I do know HP gave me the run around with XP Pro vs Vista - on the lap top I ordered...

I wanted XP, it came with Vista - I had to reformat the HD to NTFS - find the drivers and reload everything - it was a bear and took 1 week

With the desk top - I got it.., 3 monitors, the stand, XP - configured exactly how I wanted ... all I had to do was plug it in, down load my platform and trade

I haggled a bit on the price, got a deal, then never looked back

#35     Mar 30, 2009
  6. I bought a Vostro through the small business division and the support was excellent.

#36     Mar 30, 2009
  7. gnome

gnome

Could have done the same with Dell and saved 50% on the desktop.

Could have ordered a notebook from Dell with XP installed.

#37     Mar 30, 2009
  8. gnome

gnome

Which one did you get? I'm getting wifey a Vostro 2510 (with XP of course) for her birthday...

#38     Mar 30, 2009
  9. Redneck

Redneck

Coulda, woulda, shoulda

I happy - its all good -

Plus they're being depreciated as business assets

#39     Mar 30, 2009
  10. gnome

gnome

Unless you've got LOTS of them, you don't need to depreciate... just write off 100% for the tax year.

"... 4. Equipment Deductions
    Small businesses can take a single deduction of up to $108,000 for equipment purchased in 2006. The deduction falls under Section 179 of the tax code and is reduced if those equipment purchases exceeded $430,000. The deduction in prior years was only about $25,000; in 2007, it will rise to $112,000. As of now, however, the higher deductions are only good through 2009.The equipment doesn't have to be new, as long as it's newly purchased and will be used at least half of the time for your business. Equipment includes computers, machines, furniture, cars and a host of other necessities...."

#40     Mar 30, 2009