New commission rates at Velocity Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Dale Box, Sep 23, 2009.

1. RedRat

RedRat

Hi all,

I am an existing customer of VelocityFutures and I am very satisfied with it. If I have any problems regarding market/connection I can contact trading desk support and they are very good at resolving issues.

1) Velocity provides you with several platforms, you can choose the best for your needs.

a) Ninja Trader costs you $50/month, it is continuously improving.

b) X-Trader Platform is the best for scalpers, so definitely there is no lag here. The technology is from TradingTechnologies firm, they provide you with good data feed over FIX API. X-Trader uses FIX - as far as I understand. For my purposes I am satisfied with FIX API feed. If you need milliseconds delay then probably you need to look into others, like Rithmic, by their commissions are greater.

2) I have not voted in the "Brokers" section yet. IB has both stocks and futures. It is very large firm with much more clients. Velocity is specializing on Futures trading only.

I've used IB but I was not satisfied, I will not provide details here, you can PM me.

3) It depents. X-Trader subscription costs like $750-$1500 per month, it is intended for active scalpers. Ninja costs $50/month. StrategyRunner and SQJ cost is included into commissions. There is also an option for X-Trader without subscription with larger commissions. You should count yourself.

I personally use raw FIX API, there is no platform cost here.

Best regards,
    RR

#41     Sep 25, 2009
  2. RedRat

RedRat

As for stability. VelocityFutures uses TradingTechnology FIX adapter, TT continuously improving it. And unfortunately I met with some problems not a long time ago. I contacted TT tech support and my problem was resolved. But it was related to FIX API and it should not influence majority of clients.

Yes there may be problems, but not so many as I experienced with IB.

#42     Sep 25, 2009
  3. does velocity offer the T 4 software
    I really like their software for trading futures
    And what would be a decent advice fo some one who want to open a 25 K account to trade futures x - trader - ?

#43     Sep 25, 2009
  4. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

H2O,

Sorry but we do not offer LIFFE at all through CQG Trader.

Best regards,

#44     Sep 25, 2009
  5. Dale Box

Swan Noir,

The licensing is still the same. With X_TRADER you have access to all offered exchanges. You just do not have concurrent access (without a 2, 3, exchange sub or Pro).

With CQG you'd have concurrent access to all markets excluding LIFFE. I recommend using a demo of any platform of interest to see which suits you best.

I agree with you on the Micros...

#45     Sep 25, 2009
  6. Dale Box

Sorry you feel this way. I'm simply posting new rates. They've been the same since 2002.

#46     Sep 25, 2009
  7. with X-trader (free, subscription), do you charge for market data (like Tradestation does) or include it free (like OpenECry)?? For example, CBOT, CME, KCBT, ICE, MGE, NYMEX, etc.? At Tradestation, you cannot even trade without paying the data fees. With OEC, it is all included...

#47     Sep 25, 2009
  8. Dale Box

We do not charge for market data. Keep in mind with X_TRADER you'd be able to view data from one exchange per login (with the free or 1 exchange sub).

Best regards,

#48     Sep 25, 2009
  9. So you need to log out every time you want to look at a diff exchange?

#49     Sep 26, 2009
  10. Dale Box

Correct. You can view the data from other markets by logging into the TTSIM also.

#50     Sep 28, 2009