New commission rates at Velocity Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Dale Box, Sep 23, 2009.

1. No platform fee with TransAct for their DOM, but I do pay $25.00 a month for Sierra Charts charting.
    I was hoping for a free platform with free charting.
    I don't really need all the bells&whistles on charts, just the very basics.
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    Ian

#31     Sep 24, 2009
  2. AloAlo

AloAlo

I am switching to velocity

thanks

#32     Sep 24, 2009
  3. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

Ian,

With your mentioned volume (using X_TRADER) you'd almost break even since you wouldn't be paying the $25.00 per month charting fee. You could also consider QST @ $4.00, or Strategy Runner @ $4.10. They both offer charting with no monthly fee.

Best regards,

#33     Sep 24, 2009
  4. QST might very well be what I"m looking for. I was thinking of trading off a chart based DOM anyways.
    Thanks Dale!

#34     Sep 24, 2009
  5. AloAlo

AloAlo

good idea :)

#35     Sep 24, 2009
  6. Dale ...

At one time your X-Trader rates (they were obviously higher then) only allowed one exchange that was picked in advance.

Could you spell out the current limitations, if any, on each platform. As an example I might not choose X-trader if I needed to specify a single exchange -- say the CME -- if CQG gave me the CME and/or Bot, NY Merc.

I want to be comparing apples to apples as I look at the options you offer.

BTW ... I think the CME is missing a major opportunity with their Micro-Currencies. If they slashed the fees and charges to the bone (or even waived them and encouraged their member firms cut commissions for six months you guys would get (with the right promotion) a ton of small traders that are now being used and abused on partial lots in the FOREX markets.

That market could do some volume. And, as I am sure you'll agree, markets without volume are a joke. If you make the small FOREX trader a sweet offer he'll never go back to the bucket shops even after the promo is done.

#36     Sep 24, 2009
  7. H2O

H2O

Do you offer CQG integrated client, and if so at what platform cost? (basic - ex realtime datafees)

Also, what would comms be (Let's say for STIRS on Liffe / CME)

#37     Sep 24, 2009
  8. hf & gl...

#38     Sep 24, 2009
  9. ahahah ! bad time ahead ? So they drop theirs rates ? In hope to get new customers ? why ?? because they lost all the old ones...
    :(
    why ??

because they were unable to get reliable data ? unable to handle volume spike ? Impossible to be operational around huge numbers... expensive... No customer service during O/N, unable to solve this... and now... they try this ?

I am doing a favor to Et by saying this : they are unable to get a data feed, and an order server running !

so my last opinion : don't try them, even if they offer you a 0.XX rates... they are bad brokers... don't you see that the others don't need to do this kind of lame advertisments... all you will read about them is fake! becarefull... they don't know how to trade so they want your money...

I will open a bottle of champagne when they will go bankrupt !

So I shut my mouth...

Hasta la vista by Señor Zorro ! :D

#39     Sep 24, 2009
  10. I take it you have first hand experience with them that convinces you of that they can't make it work technically?

Or do you infer it from the fact that they have posted competitive rates and done a bit to promote those new rates?

I expect firms that feel they have a competitive edge to lift the bullhorn and speak into it.

They are working with sophisticated data suppliers -- TT and CQG. I am not saying that makes them technically competent but frequently when you start with good ingredients the stew turns out well.

If you have more information I would be happy to hear it. I have an open mind. But it is a mind that works better with facts or at least an example or two.

#40     Sep 25, 2009