New commission rates at Velocity Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Dale Box, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

garak,

X_TRADER, QST, and CQG Trader all have the 10 levels.

I have no experience with the OEC feed so I'm unable to comment. If you'd like a demo (with a live feed) I'd be happy to forward you one.

Best regards,

#11     Sep 23, 2009
  2. Dale,

Will the TRADEVEC rates be those shown as Fix Adapter rates? Also, any idea on monthly cost for the TradeVec platform through Velocity for those running automated.

Thanks in advance!

#12     Sep 23, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

The intraday margins and the commission for nonmembers are pretty competitive. Sweet.

But whoever you have that proof-reads copy before it is posted should consider new employment as there are significant errors on the initial/overnight margins posted for some of those contracts on the list, in particular with the full currency and e-mini and e-micro contracts. Serious flaws in the posted margins initial/overnight margins.

Also, why was OP's signature removed? He is a paying member and allowed to do this, no?

#13     Sep 23, 2009
  4. Daal

Daal

Dale,
    How are the inflationary/deflationary pressures in the brokerage industry btw?

#14     Sep 23, 2009
  5. Velocity obviously has posted some very competitive "all in" rates. My question is what platform to use.

I have used X and it is as reliable as the Sun rising in the East. And it is said (I don't actually know) that TT data is both fast and accurate -- the equal of any data out there.

That said, I have always heard good things about CQG as a platform and a data provider. Anyone care to comment on their preferences and why. Clearly the half a buck edge RT for CQG will be a factor for some but it may not be a major consideration to me.

#15     Sep 23, 2009
  6. cstfx

cstfx

Thats weird but in Firefox and IE on my computer the signature is not there but Opera and Chrome it is. Weird.

So nevermind the comment - it apparently is there but just not showing up.

:confused:

#16     Sep 23, 2009

7. Dale,

Thanks for posting the commission rates, much better than IB's.

Before I switch to your firm, I have a few questions or concerns, hope you will address them, as I am sure some other traders share the same questions/concerns.

1. Is your trading platform as reliable and quick as IB's Trader Work Station?

To me, reliability and speed are the most important thing in trading, commission rate is secondary. I hate lagging platform, I hate freezing platform, I don't think those brokers with lagging or freezing platforms should be in business. I will never touch any firm with a lagging/freezing platform. Never.

2. Why are there so few comments on your firm in the "Brokers" secion on ET?

Usually it means fewer people are using Velocity Futures. I wonder why IB has so many comments. Obviously a lot of people are using IB, despite its higher commission rates.

TraderZones' comment certainly doesn't help your firm.

3. Do I have to pay for a trading platform?

Usually the fee for the platform is waived if a certain number of contracts are traded in a month. I wonder if your firm has this number.

#17     Sep 23, 2009
  8. Dale Box

cstfx,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'll have the correct information displayed shortly.

Best regards,

#18     Sep 24, 2009
  9. Dale Box

Daal,

Shoot me a PM to further discuss.

Best regards,

#19     Sep 24, 2009
  10. Dale Box

Swan Noir,

Keep in mind if you're doing enough volume for an X_TRADER subscription to make sense, commissions there would be lower than CQG.

I'm also willing to give any new accounts commission deals lower than what's advertised.

Best regards,

#20     Sep 24, 2009