New code is easy

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Simples

Simples

Anything java and js. Of course you could before defend java before due to superior sandboxing, but not much more.

#31     Sep 13, 2019
  2. d08

d08

Same here. Looking at my code from last year which I since refactored (mind you, it was perfectly functional) it's as if I'm looking at a turd.

#32     Sep 13, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  3. d08

d08

I like how the agile companies are doing things - giving young coders pizza, coke (no, not that kind) and a pat on the back for staying up until 5AM to solve an issue. All the marketing, management and other folks are out the door by 4:50 in the afternoon.

#33     Sep 13, 2019
  4. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Gotta capitalize on those 2-5 yrs when the young mind is more ambitious than bitter. Before they realize that being good at your job and working hard isn't enough to produce exceptional results

#34     Sep 13, 2019
    niko79542 and d08 like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Hey now, I make quids (bux), but can't seem to hold onto them. As for coding? Last time I coded, it was a sound loop using POKE commands on an Atari 800. In BASIC. LOL

#35     Sep 13, 2019
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

I taughr myself basic in about 20 minutes in 2011....our test equipment guy was out sick...and the show had to go on so we could fly this thing

#36     Sep 13, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  7. How many good Indian developers do you know? I personally know not a single one and heard of very few. A greatly overrated culture in the IT field if you ask me. 99% of Indian IT people have dabbled a little in web design and sql.

#37     Sep 13, 2019
  8. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

None. I've had terrible luck with them. They always say yes, but never deliver. Ukrainians is where I've had success

#38     Sep 13, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  9. Same here, have worked with Russians, Ukrainians, Hungarians and Romanians and have gotten way better results than with any Indians. Am talking about outsourcing and remote collaboration.

#39     Sep 13, 2019
  10. TommyR

TommyR

india is fine if you want a rsk gui that refreshes once a minute. otherwise you will need to go russian

#40     Sep 13, 2019