New CNBC Format - Big Mistake

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Choad, Dec 19, 2005.

1. ugh..my 12 year old paperboy has a more womanly body than her

#51     Dec 20, 2005
  2. The only thing missing is a little snowplow along the top like we were treated to on Fox NFL over the weekend.

Oh and guys? Don't place your silly CNBC bug over the already hard-to-read ticker.

Un freakinbelievable.

#52     Dec 20, 2005
  3. OK I finally saw the new charts this morning. It looked great once I closed my good eye and squinted, I felt like I could put my hand right into the chart and touch the price. The other great thing about is that I was running a 100-yard dash and needed an accurate timer and that wonderful clock on the charts which takes the time out 4 decimal places basically to thousandths was perfect to nail my time in the dash. I finished at 8:01:34:16 AM.

Also, having the fat host report right from the floor was great! Watching him studder his way through the announcements was like watching Spider from Goodfellas tell Tommy "I-I-I thought you said, though you said you waz all right S-Spider". No you are not alright Haynes you stuttering prick ya!. Nothing like taking a fat man from behind the desk and putting him standing up in open space.

I think they now need a band off to the side like Kevin Eubanks on the Tonight Show. When Mark is talking about a stock he can look off to Kevin and make a joke right before he brings out Pamela Anderson or Carrie Underwood singing from the floor.

I bet the 20-year old programmer who was given then job of re-designing the graphics is getting a nice bonus!

#53     Dec 20, 2005
  4. Choad

Choad

I took another look today and, yep, still gawd awful.

What they need to do is run one of their little polls and ask:

Squawk Question of the Day

How do you like our new format?

1. Love it - 1 (producer's wife voted)

2. Don't care - 0

3. Hate it and I hope you all die - 26,903,058,676,354,095,234,985...

#54     Dec 20, 2005
  5. Anybody ever play sonic the hedghog? Thats kind of what the new charts remind me of with that circle thing at the last price.

#55     Dec 20, 2005
  6. Ebo

Ebo

That Buzzsaw is killing me.
    Anybody get freaked out by the Horror show "ALERT" noise?

Bloomberg was better all morning.

#56     Dec 20, 2005
  7. taodr

taodr

Using a 15inch tv next to monitors. I cannot see the top line above the heads neither can I see bottom naz line. How come they don't improve the picture.

#57     Dec 21, 2005
  8. Ebo

Ebo

OK R2D2 on the charts has prompted BLOOMBERG!

#58     Dec 21, 2005
  9. Choad

Choad

Yeah, the tickers bother me the most. You can get at least a little "market feel" (and I need all the help I can get!) even with your peripheral vision as you are doing other things.

Not now. My TV is a Wal-mart Sanyo cheapie, but it's new and looks fine on other channels. And I don't feel like trying to adjust it and stretch out the picture size to accommodate CNBC. I don't know if those controls are even supplied (on TVs, of course monitors have them) external to the case nowadays .

#59     Dec 21, 2005
  10. I'm not following?

#60     Dec 21, 2005